• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Avengers #93 How would you grade this one.

82 posts in this topic

pm sent, again. Of course, if you want any further clarification as to my point just check out these two responses from you:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it is his book, like his Hulk 181, he argued with many people over on the CPG boards about why it was a much nicer book, even with the massive tears on it. He gets a grade way off in one of Iron Maniacs contests over at STL and blames CGC or CGG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I blame CGC of PGX; who else is to blame? Their the ones that graded it and given that premise they are the ones to get the blame .

Quote:

Translation, its there fault that the book doesnt agree with what I think it is, and since i am correct, they must be wrong.

Exactly. That is what grading is all about. What YOU think it is. Of course if I think it is one grade and they think it is another I will think they are wrong; just as they will think I am wrong. By the nature of me having a different grade then they do I will think it is wrong. I mean really...why would I have chosen my grade in the first place if not for the reason of believing it is the right grade. The same goes for them. makepoint.gif

the above post shows what i thought. The inability to understand subtle differences in wording show through. See, when you get a grade wrong, you blame someone else. When i am off on a grade i think, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif what did i miss. I sont have that uncanny ability to think that I am right 100% of the time. Also the sheer chutpah that you have to think that you grade on the money better than the PROS who have been at it for as long or longer than you have been alive is almost unfathomable. You have held this belief for as long as I have been posting with you. Are you a good grader, yep, i think so. Are you on a par with the CGC or PGX boys, nope. And your right, sorta. Its a DISAGREEMENT on the grade. And to be honest with you, ill take CGC's and PGX's opinion over yours anyday. thumbsup2.gif

I'm happy for you. I must say I'd take their word and mine over yours as well. You have not shown yourself as being any outstanding grader to seperate you from the rest.But you say that I am not on par with them...that's all an opinion. If you were to take a grade that I give a book and a grade that CGC gives a book and give people the choice to pick one or the other without knowing who said which grade, I bet there would be occassions where a CGC grade gets chosen more often than mine, and vice-versa. It is not like our grades differ that greatly. If you were to look at the CGC contest at STL you'd see that I probably have more half points or close to it, then anyone else there. poke2.gif

your point being poke2.gif Looking at the scorecard, you might have more points than me, but seeing how i have not participated in more than a month, your 1 or 1.5 point lead seems kinda shabby now doesnt it poke2.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, a lead is a lead no matter how you cut it; and it's a 2.5 point lead actually. popcorn.gif 2.5 points is quite a lead when refering to a contest like this, where the only points you can get are .5 and 1. So, it's certainly not "shabby" at all. If you want to change that then send IM your grades. thumbsup2.gif

Ahh, don't let him get you in a bunch Arex.

He just thinks he is the "King" Can't mess with the "King" now can you and "Kings" are never wrong.

I guess it is the infalibility complex thing that bugs me. I wonder if he has any encyclopedias at his house 893scratchchin-thumb.gif if he does its a waste, as he knows everything.

Ahh, don't let him get you in a bunch Arex.

He just thinks he is the "King" Can't mess with the "King" now can you and "Kings" are never wrong.

I guess it is the infalibility complex thing that bugs me. I wonder if he has any encyclopedias at his house 893scratchchin-thumb.gif if he does its a waste, as he knows everything.

Did I ever say I know everything? I merely informed you that I have a greater lead in the contest then 1.5 points. Your the one that made up the number, not me. I think you like to make up fiction as much as you like to read it.

not referring to your lead in the contest. Just your general know it all attitude.

Well, I don't know where you come up with this [#@$%!!!]. I guess because I do not blindly follow CGC and PGX on every grade they throw out like you do? I have admitted times where I have thought my grade was wrong, but there have been others where I think CGC's was wrong. They are not immune from being wrong like you'd like to think. Try thinking for youself sometimes, and not letting the companies always think for you.

When have i ever said that i blindly follow cgc or pgx? I only own one slab, an Avengers 1 cgc 4.5. and yes they do assign grades that make me shake my head and go huh! However, since I dont know everything and since the people at cgc and pgx have been grading much longer than i have, i tend to defer to their grade. I think the rule buy the book, not the label is a good one. I do a good job thinking for myself as well. Only difference is I dont think my opinion is infallable. You dont know where i come up with this [#@$%!!!]? Look back at the tenor of your posts. They all make you sound like you know everything. That statement is my opinion, not a fact, as you could be the opposite of what i am envisioning you to be, an arrogant young man. That is the dilemma with the internet isnt it, hard to pick up on inflection or intent.

Well, obviously you are turning nothing into something. If it is so difficult to pick up intent and such in the internet why pursue trying to prove me as an "arrogant young man" so greatly? If you know so well that it is so hard why do you still try and make a label for me when you know it is so difficult to arrive at a correct conclusion? I don't know what your problem has been lately, but you should really come off of it. It's like you think you're the forum taskmaster. We've never had a problem with each other before, I do not know why you so strongly insist on trying to make one now.

No offense KingofRulers, but you shouldn't even question every grade that you disagree with.

You see nowhere near the amount of books that they do, and that is what makes someone good. The practice and knowledge of seeing the same books over and over again gives them the credentials that you do not have.

As far as your opinion or on admitting when your wrong, it doesn't matter. You are not the person that people are sending their comics to.

No offense KingofRulers, but you shouldn't even question every grade that you disagree with.

Sure I should. That is what creates discussions on books. Without it there is no reasoning behind a grade. It is just a useless number that essentially stands for nothing, or at least nothing known.

You see nowhere near the amount of books that they do, and that is what makes someone good. The practice and knowledge of seeing the same books over and over again gives them the credentials that you do not have.

So, you need crudentials in order to grade a book now? If that is so then not very many people are able to grade a book. While they certainly do have the right to put a grade on a book, I also have the same right. Grading is not limited to the select few.

As far as your opinion or on admitting when your wrong, it doesn't matter. You are not the person that people are sending their comics to.

So, you have to have people send you books in order to reason for and against your own opinion? confused.gif

maybe your right, maybe im more right than you'd like to think.

Anyway, truce flowerred.gif

Now sell me that Avengers 2 of yours poke2.gif

I'd like to do that...if I had an Avengers #2. I'm on the hunt just like you are; a 7.0 or greater.