• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Avengers #93 How would you grade this one.

82 posts in this topic

Scott --

I'm sure your assessment of King's situation legally is correct. From a practical standpoint though, I can't see many people really being all that concerned, so the wheels of justice might grand a bit slowly.

Of course, I'm guessing King's probably like a teenager or in his early 20s, so maybe we all ought to lighten up on him... I agree with just about everything you posted in this thread -- but really -- why bother beating up on this guy?

Maybe because his attitude and demenor open him up to it? Ive pm'd several times with him. First time was in a response to a "why are you doing this" type of pm.I gave my view and he comes back with a smart arse comment. King, like ive said, you have a right to your opinion, everyone does. But the things that i have said and the things that FFB has said are true about your ATTITUDE. YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW IT ALL AND ARE NEVER INCORRECT! That is why we are getting on you.

Scott --

I'm sure your assessment of King's situation legally is correct. From a practical standpoint though, I can't see many people really being all that concerned, so the wheels of justice might grand a bit slowly.

Of course, I'm guessing King's probably like a teenager or in his early 20s, so maybe we all ought to lighten up on him... I agree with just about everything you posted in this thread -- but really -- why bother beating up on this guy?

Maybe because his attitude and demenor open him up to it? Ive pm'd several times with him. First time was in a response to a "why are you doing this" type of pm.I gave my view and he comes back with a smart arse comment. King, like ive said, you have a right to your opinion, everyone does. But the things that i have said and the things that FFB has said are true about your ATTITUDE. YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW IT ALL AND ARE NEVER INCORRECT! That is why we are getting on you.

I just got the same "What's the problem?" PM from our buddy KOR, complete with about a half dozen personal insults. acclaim.gif

Yeah, I did. but the whole thread seems to be about ripping the poor guy. I dunno, I almost feel sorry for him because I know that he's doing it to try and act like he's "some sort of big time player" with tons of knowledge about comics, when it's probably not true. I've seen multiple posts on his "vast comics grading experience" and I just don't know. I'm sure its insecurity that drives it. Aren't we picking on him? (i'm including myself in that we).

He's in Florida.

Isn't part of the problem establishing what their actual agreement was since it was verbal? Isn't part of the issue proving that was actually owed cash, and since he had accepted trade in the past and actually did receive trade this time for his services... isn't that going to create some issues? I don't know -- not into labor law.

On the other hand, to me it was more of an ethical issue, since KOR had the remedy, I may have to start stealing stuff, in order to fix the problem. Plus, he could go the legal route, but I think practical sense would be better applied and simply working for another store is the better remedy.

Defending your opinion isn't bad, it's how you phrase it.

You strike me as young and immature, and unfortunately, I think you continuously support that by what you say.

I don't always agree about how Scott puts things either. Generally though, he walks the walk, so he has a little more room to talk the talk.

Well I'm not going to rephrase what I think just to try and please people. How does defending my opinion in one manner so much better than defending it in another matter. It's like adding 2+3 and then 3+2...they equal the same thing. I for one think you guys need to change the way you see things. It's like if there is one word you don't like you instantly go into fight mode. Give it a rest, and calm down.

And an is an no matter what they do; I guess he's just one that somehow doesn't bother you too much.

Scott --

I wish I could give more than a half hearted defense for the guy, but I think your assessment is probably correct.

Defending your opinion isn't bad, it's how you phrase it.

You strike me as young and immature, and unfortunately, I think you continuously support that by what you say.

I don't always agree about how Scott puts things either. Generally though, he walks the walk, so he has a little more room to talk the talk.

Well I'm not going to rephrase what I think just to try and please people. How does defending my opinion in one manner so much better than defending it in another matter. It's like adding 2+3 and then 3+2...they equal the same thing. I for one think you guys need to change the way you see things. It's like if there is one word you don't like you instantly go into fight mode. Give it a rest, and calm down.

And an is an no matter what they do; I guess he's just one that somehow doesn't bother you too much.

I don't care whether you tone it down or not. Just don't expect a ton of sympathy if you're going to continue acting as you have been. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I did. but the whole thread seems to be about ripping the poor guy. I dunno, I almost feel sorry for him because I know that he's doing it to try and act like he's "some sort of big time player" with tons of knowledge about comics, when it's probably not true. I've seen multiple posts on his "vast comics grading experience" and I just don't know. I'm sure its insecurity that drives it. Aren't we picking on him? (i'm including myself in that we).

He's in Florida.

Isn't part of the problem establishing what their actual agreement was since it was verbal? Isn't part of the issue proving that was actually owed cash, and since he had accepted trade in the past and actually did receive trade this time for his services... isn't that going to create some issues? I don't know -- not into labor law.

That's the beauty of it. THEY (the store owners) will have the burden of proof on the issue and will have to prove that it wasn't what he said it was. If Florida's wage laws are anything like California's, his testimony regarding their "under the table arrangement" will be presumed (rebuttably) to be true. That's how state labor departments discourage people from hiring workers under the table.

On the other hand, to me it was more of an ethical issue, since KOR had the remedy, I may have to start stealing stuff, in order to fix the problem. Plus, he could go the legal route, but I think practical sense would be better applied and simply working for another store is the better remedy.

He should definitely work for a different store if he can find one that will have him. Not sure whether that's possible though. confused-smiley-013.gif And I agree that he definitely should not steal anything to make up for the cash shortfall. foreheadslap.gif

One other thing to remember about working for store credit -- store credit effectively gives the employer a 50% or more break on the wages they are paying him because he uses the credit to buy at full retail. For new issues, the store only actually pays what, 50% wholesale of the amount that they charge him for those books? And for back issues, it's probably even less -- they probably pay anywhere from 5-30% of what he pays for the books. I would bet money that the actual wages "paid" on days when he is being paid with store credit are less than the state and/or federal minimum wage. In that case, the employer has an entirely separate and potentially more serious problem.

I just tuned in here and you know what? King of Rulers gotta learn to get along with others. He must feel like he's being ganged up on, but his attitude invites the reaction he's getting. Kinda like having old JUC back to deal with!

I just tuned in here and you know what? King of Rulers gotta learn to get along with others. He must feel like he's being ganged up on, but his attitude invites the reaction he's getting. Kinda like having old JUC back to deal with!

Am I going to every member and saying f*** off? What's the problem; my attitude is not in anyway out of the ordinary. I don't really feel like I'm being ganged up on. I have fine relations with the greater majority of forum members. I've never had the best of relations with FFB, and Arex has become his lackey in my opinion. Outside of those two I have had no real problems with anyone else.

Am I going to every member and saying f*** off? What's the problem; my attitude is not in anyway out of the ordinary. I don't really feel like I'm being ganged up on. I have fine relations with the greater majority of forum members.

Yeah? Name some of the people here who think you're anything other than an immature punk. "Greater majority of forum members"? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I've never had the best of relations with FFB, and Arex has become his lackey in my opinion. Outside of those two I have had no real problems with anyone else.

Actually, I think Divad and Arex started in on you before I did. That makes me THEIR lackey. yay.gif

Yeah? Name some of the people here who think you're anything other than an immature punk. "Greater majority of forum members"? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I don't even know most of the members here. Not even enough time to have not liked or disliked each other. thumbsup2.gif

Actually, I think Divad and Arex started in on you before I did. That makes me THEIR lackey. yay.gif

Okay. You can make the call on that one. hi.gif

Hey, I started this mess! At least give me credit for it insane.gif

I've never had the best of relations with FFB, and Arex has become his lackey in my opinion

How can i be his lackey? I was the one who started in on you? So wouldnt that make FFB MY lackey 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Btw, id rather be FFB's lackey than have my head up Hammer's arse.

Do you understand how you contradicted yourslef here?

I have fine relations with the greater majority of forum members.

and then you go to:

I don't even know most of the members here. Not even enough time to have not liked or disliked each other

Now which one is it? Do you know the members and have good relations, or have you not met enough of them for them to form an opinion or vice versa? Or, is it your immature antics are pisssing people off?

If i was a betting man, and I am, i would say its the latter, rather than the former.

I don't even know most of the members here. Not even enough time to have not liked or disliked each other. thumbsup2.gif

Does that mean you can't name any? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey, I started this mess! At least give me credit for it insane.gif

I've never had the best of relations with FFB, and Arex has become his lackey in my opinion

How can i be his lackey? I was the one who started in on you? So wouldnt that make FFB MY lackey 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Btw, id rather be FFB's lackey than have my head up Hammer's arse.

Do you understand how you contradicted yourslef here?

I have fine relations with the greater majority of forum members.

and then you go to:

I don't even know most of the members here. Not even enough time to have not liked or disliked each other

Now which one is it? Do you know the members and have good relations, or have you not met enough of them for them to form an opinion or vice versa? Or, is it your immature antics are pisssing people off?

If i was a betting man, and I am, i would say its the latter, rather than the former.

Immature antics? And what might these include? Exactly what antics have I ever performed here?

Most of the forum members I do know, I know from other forums. I have fine relations with most of them. So, that means of the ones I do know I'm cool with most of them, and the ones that I don't know, I have not had enough time to form any type of relation with.