• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added/Removed Staple

4 posts in this topic

I have a book that grades 3.5 - 4.0, but at some point someone added a "3rd" staple halfway down the spine (no idea why, the two original staples are firmly attached). Then at some point the "3rd" staple was removed. The damage from the 3rd staple is just two very small (staple sized holes). How should that affect the grade on this already low grade book?

A comic could have a few different defects all allowed in a VG grade. An accumulation of these defects could knock it down to a lower grade. I don't think two staples holes would have much of an effect on a 3.5. It really depends on what else is wrong with the comic. All this does is add another defect. The lower the grade, the less of an impact these imperfections would have on the over-all grade. So I'll say, no effect whatsoever cause a VG can have quite a few defects as long as the over-all look of the come still his appeal.