• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice - new to collecting/submitting comics

24 posts in this topic

www.comicbookrealm.com is great for looking up prices of a whole run, you can see 100 at a time. If your books are organized by title, simple work. If not, start making piles. You also dont need GPA because knowing the value of a 9.8 graded book is not going to be useful to you. There is a significant drop off in price for every .2 grade lower.

Are those value prices on www.comicbookrealm.com accuate? Just curious

Anyways, 6 long boxes about i think 300 each box so roughly 1800 comics from the mid 80s to mid 90s.

i would like to sell some off as demanded by my wife... :(

Currently, for me, I'm booking flights to Sarasota, staying with a friend, buying a lot of bags and backs, using a magnifying glass and I'm thought of as really lucky. I have stuff with real value despite my ineptitude but my books are 20-30 years older than what you describe I've had them closed up for almost fifty years. .After Sarasota, maybe a flight to San Diego, an appointment in New York, there's a lot of possibilities on the calendar. I'm not in any hurry at all and I view that as critical to doing alright.

Whatever you do, do not follow this strategy. :gossip:

If your wife is demanding that you sell off your books, I can just imagine what she would be demanding once she sees the credit card bills charging you for flying all around the country to try and sell your books. lol

Definitely a case of overkill here since you are talking only about books from the mid 80's through to the mid 90's. :tonofbricks:

Perhaps you're confusing my group with the one in question here since you highlighted it. . My collection I am taking part of to Sarasota is near fifty years old and stored almost all that time. That's why the San Diego and Sarasota reference.

I would agree that thinking that way with '80's to 90's books will likely go no where. It's hard enough with what I have.