• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Verification Authority

23 posts in this topic

When will the madness end?

Never. I personally have been inspired to start the CLSA - Comic Label Spellcheck Authority. My tamper evident yellow smiley face sticker will 100% guarantee that your graded comic's label is free of any spelling errors.

Punctuation check will cost extra though.

Ahhhh, I was hoping for a grammatical error in your post. You know, something to drive home the value and importance of the CLSA. Something like: "when collecting comics, it's important to look a head."

You sir, are hired as Director of Marketing and Sales!

Coins and cards are two sided objects (side of a coin is thin). Comics can have interior defects that from the outside, a cover may look mint, but you may have tears, stains, tape, writing, and other things going on inside the book that affects the grade but not the eye appeal. I was never an advocate of "it looks nicer in the holder than what the grade shows" mentality. You're getting a grade on the entire package, not just the cover. That is why some double cover grades for the covers can be higher than the final grade. The cover grades do not necessarily include the interior defects.

This is not unheard of. CGC should have done this to begin with. PSA has always factored in the the subjective "eye candy" rule if the card presents itself much better than the physical grade implies. They've done very well with it and is fully accepted by the sports card collecting community.

Of course, the horses are already out of the barn now and it's too late.

Doesn't CGC do the star or ! for books with eye appeal?

I believe that might actually be the company which we are not supposed to be talking about on these boards here. :gossip:lol