• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage peeve...ARGH!!!

16 posts in this topic

Heritage is starting to get on my nerves. I won an auction and now they have no clue as to the where abouts of the comic. WTF!!!

I do recall reading from their auction terms:

"The highest bidder shall be the buyer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the Auctioneer may at his sole discretion immediately put the lot up for sale again. The Auctioneer's decision shall be final and binding upon all bidders. "

And I am the highest bidder because I am allowed to leave feedback on Ebay.

ARgh.

Anyone else experiencing this [!@#%^&^]??? Someone on the auction floor probably paid off some ppl and swiped the comic, but then what's the point of placing it on a live internet auction? mad.gif

Ken

lol...

Bending over is right... it's beginning to hurt.

They have nice books there though. Too bad their service and the way they operate are a joke.

Ah well... it still makes no sense to me. blush.gif

Hopefully their "customer service" can shed some light. Doubt it though.

They lost one of the books I bought once, and ended up giving me a 100 dollar off "gift" certificate to use on their auctions..and they were going to give my money back too..but luckily they found the book, evidentally they had it sent in to be reholstered.

Brian

Mmm... sour experience. All these Heritage threads are depressing me. Isn't their shill bidding, inside bidding, etc illegal?

This is probably my first and last heritage auction, unless they can set things straight.

BTW... for those who don't know about Heritage see threads:

Negative and Neutral feedback of Heritage

Heritage Bump

CGC bumped from 8.0 to 9.2

Did you bid through the Heritage site or through eBay's Live Auction? Or was it an eBay auction?

If it was a Live Auction, they seem to not have the final prices posted on ebay. You should check through the Heritage site to see what the book finished at.

Of course if they really lost your book, then what can you do?

I'd like to know what kind of sweetheart deal heritage got that allows them to place a Buyer's Premium on their EBay listings, thereby stepping over about a zillion EBay rules?

I'm sure other sellers would love to run that scam, especially on some older, rare comics.

Then I would call them up (if you haven't already). They are generally pretty helpful on the phone, when you can actually get ahold of someone.

I've bought stuff from them quite a bit over the last six or seven months and I've not had any problems, except one time they forgot to charge my credit card and I had to call them back to make sure they did.

I think that they do some questionable things, but that seems to be on the high end books and the cheap-o ones I buy don't seem to have anything shady going on.

As for Live Auction and the Buyer's Premium, it's not only Heritage. The Sotheby's Live Auctions also have a BP. So I think ebay has a different set of rules for their Live Auctions than they do for the regular one.

Well, after several phone calls my persistence has finally gotten some where. As it turns out a Heritage representative "incorrectly filled out the invoice" and now I am the correct winner.

Here are some lessons learned if you should find yourself in this situation:

1. Do not trust what Heritage initially tells you. I had to re-ask the same question 6 times, "If I am not the winner, where is the freakin comic now ??" (rephrased)

If they say that the comic has already been sold to another buyer, ask them to "RECHECK THE INVOICE"!!!! . If eBay says that you are the winner of the auction, then you ARE the winner of the auction.

2. Patience. Heritage reps are generally nice people and are willing to help. They have enormous amounts of lots to process and are probably going out of their minds to handle it all. Although the customer service has to be revamped a bit.

3. Ask for catalogs.... they'll give you lots. (I hope) wink.gif

Sigh... headache is finally going away... lol

Thanks all!