• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are the lower-grade "guess-the-grade" comics?

30 posts in this topic

Yeah. Mask the grade. Put-em-up.

I would very much like to know if all these 9.4 and up collectors can recognize a VG or a Fine. And, it would be fun. grin.gif

ooo.gif Perhaps we could get 20 or guesses before you give it away?

Good point, with so many slabbed "guess the grade" posts, it's nice to see strictly applied standards on mid-grades, like this FN- below (that I sold on e-bay along with some others, all VF/NM to FR/GD).

asm90.jpg

Those types of books are exactly what I'm talking about. Anytime you want to start a post with something like that, would be great. Be a lot of fun to see how everyone would tackle these types of comics. cool.gif

You get the idea). It would be really great for some of ya' guys to put in a F/VF, a F or a VF once in awhile. As a matter of fact, I wonder some times if all you hi-grade collectors (you know who you are) would recognize the difference between a VG and F if you looked at one.

OK - here is one in the mid grade. Nice Schomburg cover to boot. What do you all grade it? (that light spot on the T in THRILLING is an unfortunate printing defect).

Thrilling 60

Nice looking book Pov - the spine stress marks on these don't really break the color like they do on silver and newer books, but they are there, and it looks like the one in the middle has "broken" the cover. I personally don't deduct for that minor printing defect, and the absence of any corner or edge creases (that I can see) puts this book in the F/VF range.

Is that a spanking cover!?!?

Nice looking book Pov - the spine stress marks on these don't really break the color like they do on silver and newer books, but they are there, and it looks like the one in the middle has "broken" the cover.

You have a good eye. Yes - it just breaks the color. Main way to tell is the black. The yellow is most difficult to detect.

Funny I never noticed that before but that raised hand is certainly in Spanking Position #19! grin.gif