• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R.I.P. Dan Spiegle

4 posts in this topic

Sad news indeed. Another very underappreciated artist (except by his peers who held him in high regard). I met him in San Diego in the 90's and can confirm that he was an incredible nice guy. Among other things he signed this issue of Crossfire for me:

C3eEsClWMAIJq56.jpg

My Dan Spiegle gallery on CAF.

I recommend Dan Spiegle: A Life In Comic Art by John Coates from Two Morrows Publishing.

Edited by Caltex98

Sorry to hear this.

Was a big fan during the 1960s of Dan's work for Space Family Robinson (Lost in Space).

Within recent years, I bought 5 pages of art from Space Family Robinson # 1 via Dan's agent Dave Karlen (all up in my CAF).

On a trip to Los Angeles a couple of years ago I met-up with an old friend who owns most of the other pages from the remainder of that very first book. He bought those directly from Dan.

Interestingly, Dan seemed to have retained all the OA from # 1, yet the vast majority of pages from the issues that followed are not known to exist.

R.I.P.