• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROBIN HOOD starring Taron Egerton (2018)

2 posts in this topic

ROBIN HOOD: Taron Egerton channels Wolverine in new pic

skMSWkv.png

Taron Egerton is heading to the set of his upcoming Robin Hood: Origins movie, and clearly couldn't resist sending a message to his Eddie The Eagle co-star, Hugh Jackman.

Last month, we were reporting Taron Egerton’s words about the upcoming Robin Hood: Origins, and how the film had attracted a quality actor to play the Sheriff Of Nottingham in the movie. An actor who, at that stage, he couldn't name. The man was speaking the truth too, as Ben Mendelsohn has been cast in the role.

Mendelsohn, who’s starring in Star Wars: Rogue One, is now in negotiations to appear in Robin Hood: Origins, and is expected to sign on the dotted line in due course.

Edited by Bosco685

KINGSMAN Star Taron Egerton Wields A Bow & Arrow In Three First Look Photos From ROBIN HOOD

000269627hr.jpg

25015400_377792599339424_195312752163343

Entertainment Weekly has debuted our first look at Otto Bathurst's upcoming Robin Hood remake, giving us our first official look as Taron Egerton as the Prince of Thieves. We're also treated to new photos spotlighting his co-stars Jamie Foxx (Baby Driver) as Little John and Eve Hewson (The Knick) as Main Marian. 

Speaking with the outlet, Bathurst teased his very very different take on the classic character, which probably isn't anything like what you expected. "You don’t become a legend for 800 years if you’ve just stolen a few bags of money from rich people to give to the poor. In my mind, Robin Hood was this sort of seriously militarized anarchist revolutionary, a freedom thinker and a truth seeker. And the more I got into the story, it just became startling how utterly relevant it is to what’s going on in society now.” Egerton adds his own reasoning for joining the project, citing Bathurst's unique vision as his main motivation. "I was approached not long after the first Kingsman movie had come out, and my initial response, to be totally honest, was ‘Why?’ [But] Otto told me he wanted to do something entirely revisionist, something that can’t be tied down to a medieval universe. The first act of the movie, these scenes crusading in Syria, were written like something from The Hurt Locker. It was fantastic, and that was enough to convince me."