• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Comics Discussion Thread !?!???!??!

26 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif

Always better to contribute than to just ask others too. I don't read my books, but sometimes I wish I did. Just can't get interested enough in the actual stories to take the time to do it.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Always better to contribute than to just ask others too. I don't read my books, but sometimes I wish I did. Just can't get interested enough in the actual stories to take the time to do it.

You really don't read any of your books? Have you ever read a comic? You know I am not ragging on you man, just curious. If you have HOM 186, you should read the stories in that issue. I agree that BA horror stuff can be a sleeping.gif at times, but there is good stuff. The Adams Batman and Tec issues are decent reads. I would also recommend EC horror (which actually IS horror) and also Jack Oleck's House of Mystery paperbacks (which are prose, not comics). I am with you though, I definitely prefer the cover art to the stories on BA books.

893whatthe.gif

A general comics discussion thread actually about comics? NO %@$^!$% WAY! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Why do you like comics? Nothing that I have collected has the same effect as collecting comics.

There is something about comics that still holds wonder and awe for me. It is a chance to relive a time gone by,

to delight in hero's, their struglgles, and their triumphs. It is 'Childhood Lost', yet found again.

What draws you towards them? Do you enjoy the stories, the art, or are you strictly in it for finacial gain?

There are many factors that make me a collocter. I think for me one of the maim factors would

have to be the art. I can forgive a comic that offers a 'some-what weak' story, if it has good art. The best is

when story and art are a combination of both, that compels the reader along for a wondrous ride.

As to your last question, ' finacial gain' have NEVER been a factor for my collecting.

893whatthe.gif

A general comics discussion thread actually about comics? NO %@$^!$% WAY! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Why do you like comics? Nothing that I have collected has the same effect as collecting comics.

There is something about comics that still holds wonder and awe for me. It is a chance to relive a time gone by,

to delight in hero's, their struglgles, and their triumphs. It is 'Childhood Lost', yet found again.

What draws you towards them? Do you enjoy the stories, the art, or are you strictly in it for finacial gain?

There are many factors that make me a collocter. I think for me one of the maim factors would

have to be the art. I can forgive a comic that offers a 'some-what weak' story, if it has good art. The best is

when story and art are a combination of both, that compels the reader along for a wondrous ride.

As to your last question, ' finacial gain' have NEVER been a factor for my collecting.

thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif

Why do you like comics? What draws you towards them? Do you enjoy the stories, the art, or are you strictly in it for financial gain?

Hmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Go here: INVESTING IN COMIC BOOKS poke2.gif

No thanks. screwy.gif

Did you even click on the link? makepoint.gif