• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sent in Deadpool #45 Run the Jewels at 9.8 to get regraded that I bought

9 posts in this topic

So I bought a copy of Deadpool 45 Run the Jewels, was going through my collection checking cases recently and I noticed that the corners were in kind of rough shape. Of course I am a newbie and have no idea what I am talking about but figure why not and sent it in to get regraded. The thing that worries me the most is the back cover at the bottom corner (hard to tell in the picture) but a slight tear that goes with the rough corner.

Hope it gets graded at 9.8 again but just wanted to see if I could get any thoughts. I am new to this so be gentle. :)

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

The corner tears are actually binding tears and are considered manufacturing.  I had a Captain America #7 (Cap Punching Hitler) Ross Variant that came back a 9.8 with the exact same issues.  What you don't want to do is have it regraded.  Keep the 9.8 as it can only go lower.  What you should do is have it reholdered which is the process of replacing the existing slab without having the book graded.  It keeps the grade on the label.  Plus, the case that your book is in is the defective case they will replace for free.

Just now, chocodilez said:

Esh, I sent it in to get regraded. Ugh

Oh man, I thought you were thinking about having it regraded.  Right now CGC is grading very tight so it will be interesting to see what it comes back as.  Even so, the issues you pointed out are common so I think you'll be fine.  Good luck and welcome to the boards!

If you have a 9.8, don't send it back next time for a regrade, just reholder.  There was a problem with the cases a few months back, they will fix it for free if you let them know....If you resubmit a 9.8, it is near impossible to get a 9.9 or a 10.  Most would be lucky to get that 9.8 a second time, especially with bindery tears!  

On February 14, 2017 at 4:52 PM, comicquant said:

Oh man, I thought you were thinking about having it regraded.  Right now CGC is grading very tight accurately so it will be interesting to see what it comes back as.  Even so, the issues you pointed out are common so I think you'll be fine.  Good luck and welcome to the boards!

FTFY

On February 14, 2017 at 3:05 PM, chocodilez said:

So I bought a copy of Deadpool 45 Run the Jewels, was going through my collection checking cases recently and I noticed that the corners were in kind of rough shape. Of course I am a newbie and have no idea what I am talking about but figure why not and sent it in to get regraded. The thing that worries me the most is the back cover at the bottom corner (hard to tell in the picture) but a slight tear that goes with the rough corner.

Hope it gets graded at 9.8 again but just wanted to see if I could get any thoughts. I am new to this so be gentle. :)

It is a 9.8 not a 10.

It should not be perfect.