• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED and RESOLVED ?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, comicquant said:

He probably read this post and figured buying the book was the best way to cover his @ $ $...  Definitely is annoying the transfer happened after a rejection and is something that should be brought to CGC's attention.  I've never had an issue with registry transfers but if its that easy to nab a high point book then I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.  And I'm in the same boat...  I'm fairly certain I won't be in contention for any registry awards but its a valuable tool for building a run.

It's not even a "high point" book.  However, I did send a note through the registry messenger system inquiring as to why he was entering a book in his registry that I had in my possession.  I CC'd myself and received an email with a copy of the email (his) that the original system was sending it to.  That email matched exactly with the user on eBay who purchased the book a couple of hours later.  So... I know it is the same person.  However, I have not seen payment nor have I received any responses.

18 hours ago, Philflound said:

I guess if you don't want someone using your cert number, you can always black it out when selling it on Ebay.

This has been debated before and I fall on the side that the good outweighs the bad in disclosing the certification number