• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the mark up?

22 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I should've been clearer to say that I don't assume it was you, Mike, that won the auction and is trying to resell it, as it could've been another buyer who could've taken it to you for consignment; that's why I wrote that it's on your site, but not that you did it directly, but I'll give you that my last sentence makes that assumption. Besides, that David Mack piece was in a recent public auction not forgotten by anyone who was watching or bidding. The sales history is still available on eBay. Anyone who followed the auction and sees it now on your site will draw the same conclusion, not just me. 

Hey....not mad at all.... as this is a discussion board to talk art.....and you are talking art.  You can say whatever you want and it's fine. And i'm also allowed to tell the actual facts versus your assumptions.....You posted that  I personally was trying to get over 350% markup on a 500 dollar piece when I actually took it in trade at 500. I just wanted to write what really happened versus your opinion is all. Incidentally... the page sold today on my romitaman website so it's all good. If i find a Jack Kirby large FF cover on ebay for 2000 dollars you can rest assured know that i'm going to make over 5,000% profit on it. :)

Edited by romitaman

Just now, romitaman said:

ummmm.... no

I don't know what conclusion someone may draw, but I know if they dig around on that piece they'll see the price difference and then have to decide whether or not it's worth it to them. That's basically how it goes when you're not dealing with a commodity.

Anyway, few people in this hobby seem to view a few hundred dollars as a big stumbling block to owning  a piece that they want.