• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just received my first comic

34 posts in this topic

It is my first ever purchase. I collect high grade Transformers toys and always wanted to start collecting comics. I am really

interested in high grade Actions and Adventures but I seen this book and figured it was a good start.

893whatthe.gifscrewy.gifhail.gif

It is my first ever purchase. I collect high grade Transformers toys and always wanted to start collecting comics. I am really interested in high grade Actions and Adventures but I seen this book and figured it was a good start.

Wow! Now go buy a reader and read the story!

Congratulations on the great book and welcome to the boards!

If you want to read that story, you'll have to buy ASM #53-56, or buy the Marvel Masterworks reprint. It's a four-part story, and a great one at that.

Joe

I can't conceive unreadable comic books....

Then perhaps you shouldn`t be hanging out on a bulletin board sponsored by CGC?

I do because here I find precious information about collecting comics, though I don't agree with putting a comic in a sealed box. I understand collectors who buy 2 copies of a book and I also understand those who have a CGC and a reader copy, but again I don't understand those who buy a comic and never have the chance to read it or even know what there's inside.

of course I'm not judging, merely expressing my thoughts which I hope don't offend anyone, most of all Bigtymer who I hope will have a great time collecting comics.

well, i must admit I fell in that trap too sometimes! that's why I bought ASM #129 and X-Men #4.

I really hope you're not denigrating the quality of the story in ASM #129. sumo.gif

It happens to be one of my favorite BA reads. cloud9.gif (plus a classic cover to boot)