• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE...

8 posts in this topic

Would you rather have a Detective Comics 29:

1. 2.0 with "resto" due to split/detached cover held in place/attached to book with interior tape

or

2. A 1.0 Blue label with cover split and detached

1 hour ago, Racer-X said:

Would you rather have a Detective Comics 29:

1. 2.0 with "resto" due to split/detached cover held in place/attached to book with interior tape

or

2. A 1.0 Blue label with cover split and detached

Tape alone wouldn't be considered "resto".  This is true even if it is holding a split cover together or is attaching the cover to the book.   Either way, Tec 29 is an awesome book.

Yeah, like Tyler said above, I didn't think the tape would make it restored but maybe it is conserved now (I still am unclear on the newer tape grading standards and perhaps it is archival tape which may make a difference).  

Just step up and go after the 3.0 in CC's auction (note it has tape as well but on interior cover so different than your example.  It is a great book/cover and I'm not a DC guy at all.

is the 2.0 a plod?  if so then i wouldnt touch it.  i love low grade keys with a split spine that otherwise look g+.  I picked up a 1.5 tec 35 not too long ago with a split spine.  :cloud9: