• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions For Uncovential Framing Sizes

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find suggestions to frame a large Triptych art print(s) that measures roughly 34X66 all together without breaking the bank. I realize this is an odd and massive size so I'm guessing my options are limited. Many of the conventional framing places I've approached have quoted me with around $300 which is triple what I paid for the art. I refuse to even frame it at that point if I have to pay something like that.

Any info you could could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've never used any of them, but there are a number of places online that will create custom frames for you based on measurements you provide. Have you looked in to those? I think some of them literally just create the frame and ship it to you, leaving you to do the actual work of getting the piece framed. 

While I am certainly no expert on the matter, I would expect that 'professional framers' - just as you have found - ask an amount of roughly $200-$300 USD for a custom frame of that size. I expect the materials you choose to have some influence on that figure, like 'UV-blocking glass' vs regular glass, wood/metal vs plastic frame, 'acid-free' vs regular paper, etc., but perhaps not so much that it would drive the price down enough to what would be an acceptable figure for you.