• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Just in time for the list to become obsolete. :sorry:

Why? :popcorn:

It's starting to look like the beginning of the end of the PL.

Try posting that someone is on the list in their sales thread. The list is no longer supported by CGC. I guess it's a good resource for anyone interested in looking. The boardies who support the list are a clear minority. It would surprise me if the thread went poof at some point.

???

Where have CGC said that they no longer support this list? As far as I can tell, it's still linked in every sales thread.

Try posting that someone is on the list in their sales thread. The list is no longer supported by CGC. I guess it's a good resource for anyone interested in looking. The boardies who support the list are a clear minority. It would surprise me if the thread went poof at some point.

???

Where have CGC said that they no longer support this list? As far as I can tell, it's still linked in every sales thread.

Didn't anyone receive a strike lately for posting the list in a sales thread? If not then why aren't there any posts about being on the list in Symby's thread?

???

Didn't anyone receive a strike lately for posting the list in a sales thread? If not then why aren't there any posts about being on the list in Symby's thread?

Symbiotic isn't on the PL. And, no, nobody's received a strike for posting the list in a sales thread lately.

???

Symbiotic isn't on the PL. And, no, nobody's received a strike for posting the list in a sales thread lately.

I have to stop posting when I 1st wake up. If Symby's not on the list then why the complaining? Is there a secret 3rd list?

???

I have to stop posting when I 1st wake up. If Symby's not on the list then why the complaining? Is there a secret 3rd list?

Shhh... its a secret damn it ;)

I DID post that someone was on the list in their sales thread and nothing happened! :makepoint:

And it's a community created and run list - not a CGC created and run list.

That sales thread was a special case...he was just baiting us to get strikes, and the mods didn't bite. Others have gotten warnings (at least) for posting about the PL in people's sales threads.

I DID post that someone was on the list in their sales thread and nothing happened! :makepoint:

That sales thread was a special case...he was just baiting us to get strikes, and the mods didn't bite. Others have gotten warnings (at least) for posting about the PL in people's sales threads.

I thought I read this. (thumbs u

DiceX is the only one who's said that he received a warning for posting about the PL in a sales thread - knowing Dice and his "suffer no fools" attitude, I doubt that was the cause of the warning.

DiceX is the only one who's said that he received a warning for posting about the PL in a sales thread - knowing Dice and his "suffer no fools" attitude, I doubt that was the cause of the warning.

Fair enough. We shall see if more follow.

I don't think it's any different than when people don't follow the sales guidelines - if you jump into the thread and try to compensate for your noobness by going all guns blazing on the guy who's even more of a noob than you are, well, then the mods will smack you down. If you use the template that's been provided, everything's fine ...

I don't think it's any different than when people don't follow the sales guidelines - if you jump into the thread and try to compensate for your noobness by going all guns blazing on the guy who's even more of a noob than you are, well, then the mods will smack you down. If you use the template that's been provided, everything's fine ...

Does the template cover the PL. if so the needs to be 2 templates because it does not work well for informing buyers about the PL. if that is CGC's definition of support then it is sorely lacking.

Jeff did you miss us discussing the addition of a PL notification for close to a week about a week or so ago? Arch won't go along with it.

Guess I did but apparently so did Michael. Since Michael and I are discussing this I'm sure we'll catch up soon. ;)

We are allowed to PM prospective buyer or sellers to inform them of a PL/HoSer/douchenozzle, but not allowed to post anything negative in a sales thread. Arch said "so let it be written, so let it be done."

The SC1 sales thread was a fluke because as someone already mentioned, it was nothing more than baiting people to get strikes.

-slym

We are allowed to PM prospective buyer or sellers to inform them of a PL/HoSer/douchenozzle, but not allowed to post anything negative in a sales thread. Arch said "so let it be written, so let it be done."

The SC1 sales thread was a fluke becauseas someone really smart and handsome already mentioned, it was nothing more than baiting people to get strikes.

-slym

aw, shucks :blush:

Then I stand by my comment that CGC does not support the PL. If someone can get a strike for posting this information in a sales thread I do not think it will be long before some discussions in this thread start getting warnings.

The SC1 sales thread was a fluke becauseas someone really smart and handsome already mentioned, it was nothing more than baiting people to get strikes.

-slym

aw, shucks :blush:

I never mentioned that? hm