• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Why is the website blocked on the second pic? The first one clearly shows it's biorupps account, but on the second one it's blocked out?

Want to be sure this is not missed

Someone else needs to quote it so the OP doesn't change it. Or if he does, then the quoter can change it :think:

Help me understand why it matters? It has already been established that people have went into Rupps personal PB acct and pulled out these memes.

They are very, very disturbing but were never intended to be shown to the public. Also , it is disturbing that someone can go into your personal acct and take something to show around to folks.

I am disappointed in all involved here. That meme Lizards just posted from General is just as disturbing and of a real person.

I don't know about you, Paul...but my photobucket is always set to PRIVATE unless I don't care about sharing something or I make a mistake.

It's not hard to set it to private. His is PUBLIC. That means that anyone can look at what is there.

In all this time, he has not changed the settings. he's deleted items, but not changed the settings.

Photobucket tells you that anyone can look at the account if it's set to PUBLIC, they encourage people to share...that's why each time I set up a new folder I make sure I change the settings.

Am I the only one who is extremely offended by these memes? Most of the responses since they've been posted have been... jokes?
I have much worse stuff in my comic collection. I imagine most here do.

You've got comics where boardies are murdered in effigy with homophobic slurs as it's being committed and other comics where a boardie claims to have had sex with another boardies wife and fathered all of that boardies children? Might I suggest switching to Charltons?

:lol: pretty much.

I would have laughed if he had made family photo with my avatar mixed in there. Seriously.

Oh, and I do have many Charnalton's in my collection.

Why is the website blocked on the second pic? The first one clearly shows it's biorupps account, but on the second one it's blocked out?

Someone else needs to quote it so the OP doesn't change it. Or if he does, then the quoter can change it :think:

Help me understand why it matters? It has already been established that people have went into Rupps personal PB acct and pulled out these memes.

They are very, very disturbing but were never intended to be shown to the public. Also , it is disturbing that someone can go into your personal acct and take something to show around to folks.

I am disappointed in all involved here. That meme Lizards just posted from General is just as disturbing and of a real person.

I was commenting on the OP quoting himself, nothing more.

. That meme Lizards just posted from General is just as disturbing and of a real person.

Which "meme" are you talking about?

Are you talking about the animated gif from the movie "Scanners" that represents a sarcastic "mind blown" when discussing a topic on the internet.

That's not a meme, and it's not a real person (it's special effects from a movie that's a work of fiction), and it's certainly NOT a threatening murder in effigy with a person's name attached to it.

For the two to be equivalent someone would have to take that "meme" as you call it, and wrap it in text that says "Bow down (insert name of boardie here)...too late!!" and then have his head explode as a result.

Meaning matters.

Am I the only one who is extremely offended by these memes? Most of the responses since they've been posted have been... jokes?

Obviously I just got here, but in general it takes a lot to actually offend me. Memes, even of shooting Sean's avatar, wouldn't do it. (Sorry Sean, you know I love ya!!)

I halfway can see that until I think of all the animosity between the parties. This just isn't buddies goofing with each other. Like I said earlier, a ten year old would be a therapists office inside of ten minutes of developing something like that.

Rupp has made clear over and over his dislike of Sean and Logan and Dale Roberts and others. He makes creepy freakin memes over and over about us.

To be honest, after watching Rupp deflect, misdirect and flat out lie over these memes that you aren't offended by, I am actually a bit freaked out. A mentally normal person would just go away or at least offer up a half apology and move on. I don't know what he is capable of now. Seriously.

You've got comics where boardies are murdered in effigy with homophobic slurs as it's being committed and other comics where a boardie claims to have had sex with another boardies wife and fathered all of that boardies children? Might I suggest switching to Charltons?

I would have laughed if he had made family photo with my avatar mixed in there. Seriously.

So if someone, who didn't like you and wasn't friends with you, created a pic representing your family members and asked how your wife and his kids were doing, insinuated that he was not only sleeping with your wife but also fathering your children you'd be ok with that? That doesn't cross any line?

If someone walked up to you and said that it wouldn't buy them a a five finger discount on a knuckle sammich?

I believe that is from a movie. And while graphic, is not actually someone's head exploding.

So if someone, who didn't like you and wasn't friends with you, created a pic of your family and asked how your wife and his kids were doing, insinuated that he was not only sleeping with your wife but also fathering your children you'd be ok with that? That doesn't cross any line?

If someone walked up to you and said that it wouldn't buy them a a five finger discount on a knuckle sammich?

I just laughed

Obviously I just got here, but in general it takes a lot to actually offend me. Memes, even of shooting Sean's avatar, wouldn't do it. (Sorry Sean, you know I love ya!!)

I halfway can see that until I think of all the animosity between the parties. This just isn't buddies goofing with each other. Like I said earlier, a ten year old would be a therapists office inside of ten minutes of developing something like that.

Rupp has made clear over and over his dislike of Sean and Logan and Dale Roberts and others. He makes creepy freakin memes over and over about us.

To be honest, after watching Rupp deflect, misdirect and flat out lie over these memes that you aren't offended by, I am actually a bit freaked out. A mentally normal person would just go away or at least offer up a half apology and move on. I don't know what he is capable of now. Seriously.

Still doesn't "offend" me. And I doubt we have to worry about Rupp grabbing a meat cleaver and paying these Boardies a visit.

I haven't looked at all the memes, partly 'cuz I don't care what each one is, and if there's terrible homophobia in there, that would bother me more. But it'd be more righteous indignation, not fear or offense.

So if someone, who didn't like you and wasn't friends with you, created a pic of your family and asked how your wife and his kids were doing, insinuated that he was not only sleeping with your wife but also fathering your children you'd be ok with that? That doesn't cross any line?

I suppose if it was one of the bullying clowns from around here, I would say it was par for the course.

If I truly thought it was something of note, I would call the police and file a report. I wouldn't come on here and exacerbate the situation, or attempt to push anyone over the edge.

It is easy to see what is going on here.

The account in question is not a private account, the owner posted a link on the boards which brings you to his account and then you are able to page through images- invited to even, as there are arrows to click on to view more.

The issue isn't who found them and when they were found, but whether someone is going to take responsibility for them.

Edited by GACollectibles

I wasn't aware that these images were on his account, and was surprised if they still were.

I know your upset but I'm just trying to understand fact from fiction. I guess we are at the point where questions can no longer be asked. My apologies.

:facepalm:

Still doesn't "offend" me. And I doubt we have to worry about Rupp grabbing a meat cleaver and paying these Boardies a visit.

I haven't looked at all the memes, partly 'cuz I don't care what each one is, and if there's terrible homophobia in there, that would bother me more. But it'd be more righteous indignation, not fear or offense.

Sounds a lot like those neighbors they interview on the news "He always seemed so quiet."

If I were the subject or you, I wouldn't begrudge you the right to feel however you want about something like that. I know I've been here almost 12 years and this isn't the kind of board I ever envisioned or ever wanted to be a part of.

I suppose if it was one of the bullying clowns from around here, I would say it was par for the course.

If I truly thought it was something of note, I would call the police and file a report. I wouldn't come on here and exacerbate the situation, or attempt to push anyone over the edge.

It is easy to see what is going on here.

So if someone made a meme representing your family, and all those vile and disgusting insinuations I already mentioned, you'd call the police?

You wouldn't handle it here, where the actual rules regarding such things are in place?

Sounds a lot like those neighbors they interview on the news "He always seemed so quiet."

If I were the subject or you, I wouldn't begrudge you the right to feel however you want about something like that. I know I've been here almost 12 years and this isn't the kind of board I ever envisioned or ever wanted to be a part of.

I agree with comix on this. This is not what I envisioned. Seems we are all in the minority as there are 1000's of boardies, and only a handful have been posting on this topic the last few days.

But like Pat and a few others have said, I am not one to just watch people be bullied from EITHER side.

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care. In my heart I hope Rupp comes on here and makes this right and the other guys can accept an apology and move on.

All this has got way out of hand.

Edited by faster friends

He intimated Roy is gay, Watson is gay, Dale Roberts has a weird relationship with Watson, Sean is a mush mouthed gay person_without_enough_empathy. He clearly is afraid of catching the gay.

I doubt he would ever have the intestinal fortitude to switch to actual violence but we know this how? Because by his actions (these violent memes) and his inactions (lying, deflecting, avoiding responsibility) he seems like a stand up guy?

You wouldn't handle it here, where the actual rules regarding such things are in place?

Actually The Thing in the WC got a strike for accessing The Black Hands public PB & discussing the pics on the board.

So presuming the allegation is Rupp has violated 6 a) don't overlook 6 c) - I think both rules are being broken in this messy, stupid & embarrassing situation.

:foryou:

He intimated Roy is gay, Watson is gay, Dale Roberts has a weird relationship with Watson, Sean is a mush mouthed gay person_without_enough_empathy. He clearly is afraid of catching the gay.

I doubt he would ever have the intestinal fortitude to switch to actual violence but we know this how? Because by his actions (these violent memes) and his inactions (lying, deflecting, avoiding responsibility) he seems like a stand up guy?

And it's not even just referring to people as gay, it's using gay as a "go to" insult. As if someone being gay is just another in a long list of put downs and derogatory comments.

After being forced to see these, that's as offensive and ignorant as claiming to have sired Logan's kids by insinuating having impregnated Logan's wife. It's not as scary as those meme's regarding Fingh, but the all of them turn my stomach.

Calling out these memes for what they are isn't bullying. This is behavior, perspectives, and attitudes I would choose not to be a part of a board where I've seen so much positive occur and met so many great people over all this time.

I agree with comix on this. This is not what I envisioned. Seems we are all in the minority as there are 1000's of boardies, and only a handful have been posting on this topic the last few days.

But like Pat and a few others have said, I am not one to just watch people be bullied from EITHER side.

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care. In my heart I hope Rupp comes on here and makes this right and the other guys can accept an apology and move on.

All this has got way out of hand.

He has had about a hundred chances to do that and he has chosen to blame me for finding these memes. He has made it seem like it's ok that he made them because he never sent them to the people he made them about. He has flat out lied sayin he posted somenof those memes on the board. He didn't, he posted The Oakman and Slym memes with friendly phrasing on he boards. The anus gazer and thread krapper memes were sent to his buddies.

This is a disturbed dude.

I will share my somewhat warped sensibilities on this subject.

Private Messages

Group PM's with friends that discuss people who are mutually disliked by participants do nothing but hurt this place.

If you have "real" friends, I applaud you. If you have "real" enemies here, I feel sorry for you.

If you are discussing a boardie you dislike in a group PM, keep it private and don't refer to it on the boards publicly.

Memes

If you are creating a meme that targets someone, make it funny. If you are creating a meme that targets someone you consider an enemy, it must be funny & should avoid "personal" things but public persona on the boards is fair game.

If you are using someone's fake screen name to identify them in a generic pic, that seems ok.

If you are using someone's fake avatar to identify them in a meme, that seems ok.

If you are mixing uber violence & bigoted slurs into a meme targeting a board member, whether posted publicly or not. Apologize.

I have done memes on people who have enough pics here to qualify as "public domain"......but when they didn't laugh, I stopped doing it - I think that's a boundary I learned.

(shrug)

Also, here is my Logan family meme from his LTPC popcorn days...it was posted. If I owe Mrs Logan an apology, here it is. :foryou:

145013.jpg.10e0437acb3a4ec1e53d80ddb32ee5ed.jpg