• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Well someone bit on the book.

I can't even follow who should have gotten the book... I feel like there is a lot wrong with that thread, even beyond the shilly OP.

Andy was the valid buyer according to the thread (likely to have the right to push him for more details).

Harvdoss line hopped and paid immediately (the shiller told him the book wasnt taken)

Once he got paid, the seller said "pass me some popcorn" and hasnt posted since, obviously attempting to take the funds and run

Well someone bit on the book.

I can't even follow who should have gotten the book... I feel like there is a lot wrong with that thread, even beyond the shilly OP.

Andy was the valid buyer according to the thread (likely to have the right to push him for more details).

Harvdoss line hopped and paid immediately (the shiller told him the book wasnt taken)

Once he got paid, the seller said "pass me some popcorn" and hasnt posted since, obviously attempting to take the funds and run

Last known photo.....

man-running-with-two-bags-of-money.gif

There is no question that that guy was Harold or someone like Harold. It is definitely a scam. And while I don't actually wish HarvDoss any financial repercussions, I go right up to the line and ALMOST get there.

My impression was that Andy (as more of a professional retailer than most of us) was "taking one for the team." He would get the guys paypal information or shipping addy or whatever and then get with the Cybersleuth TeamTM and figure out who he was and get his money back (if any was exchanged) through the CC company or Paypal.

Maybe I am giving Andy too much credit, but I doubt it.

There is no question that that guy was Harold or someone like Harold. It is definitely a scam. And while I don't actually wish HarvDoss any financial repercussions, I go right up to the line and ALMOST get there.

My impression was that Andy (as more of a professional retailer than most of us) was "taking one for the team." He would get the guys paypal information or shipping addy or whatever and then get with the Cybersleuth TeamTM and figure out who he was and get his money back (if any was exchanged) through the CC company or Paypal.

That's almost impossible and I got the exact same impression.

I agree 100%, I said in the thread, harvdoss was flirting with HoS. The only reason it doesnt qualify is because the seller "lied" to him that it was available. But i do think there is some onus on people to actually check a thread.

It'd be one thing to say :takeit: vesrus :takeit: and I already paid.

Why post "I paid" in any thread, if not to tell other people something. Clearly there was awareness of the confusion, and an attempt to line jump.