• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miller DK3 Cover Reported Sold for $55K at Big Apple Show
1 1

52 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Overthetopinc said:

Are you guys aware this cover sold for 60k before the one this thread is about did? I dig it!

ssS15D.jpg

I prefer this one, solely based on these two online images, especially for $5k less.

Lay 'em side by side in person, who knows, maybe that makes a difference?

FMbatman-600x423[1].jpg

Chupacabra,lol. To Gene...I did not buy the piece. Just someone told me about the deal. I prefer the one I posted over the other one. Just looks cleaner and more traditional for Frank Miller. Both pretty damn cool though. That link that Gene sent us too had one I love of bats vs the leader of the nazi/mutant gang from the original book. If I could have any it would probably be that one! 

The guys from Comic Sketch Art were representing FM when he originally came out with the oversized commission drawings of Elektra, DK, and Sin City.  They also facilitated CGC Sketch Cover Signature Series at various shows across the U.S. with FM.  I believe they are still in the picture but it seems like the exclusive is over. 

Then came Metropolis ........

Of course, Mitch from Graphic Collectibles reps LV who owns some very nice FM published art.

It originally took me awhile to warm up to FM's artistic style when DK first came out.  It's definitely going to take even more time to warm up to his current style.

30 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

The guys from Comic Sketch Art were representing FM when he originally came out with the oversized commission drawings of Elektra, DK, and Sin City.  They also facilitated CGC Sketch Cover Signature Series at various shows across the U.S. with FM.  I believe they are still in the picture but it seems like the exclusive is over. 

Of course, Mitch from Graphic Collectibles reps LV who owns some very nice FM published art.

It originally took me awhile to warm up to FM's artistic style when DK first came out.  It's definitely going to take even more time to warm up to his current style.

Thanks Nelson.  franks current style is very hard on my eyes, too!

2 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

As someone who loves late-early through mid-late Frank Miller... it is never going to happen for me.

13 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

As someone who loves late-early through mid-late Frank Miller... it is never going to happen for me.

yeah that's pretty much where I'm at too.

The current style is too much of what used to be a good thing.

2 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

A lot of people complain about Liefeld's anatomically challenged body parts but no one seems to notice that in both FM covers, Batman's fists are larger than his head.  :whatthe:

I've posted a number of times - here and in the Modern section - wondering what was going on. I'm not sure the work is a natural progression, it's not simply exaggerated any more, it's "grossly" over exaggerated.