• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED ---> eBay

25 posts in this topic

Mostly GA (some SA) raw odds and ends NOT high grade

I picked up a box of random books locally. Most are GA, with a few SA mixed in. Nothing too special, but might be hole fillers for some. Not one of these will be accused of being high grade, so please buy accordingly. I am going to try and note any defects that are worth singling out, but please feel free to ask for details and/or more pics. Tanning/browning of the pages is prevalent on a lot of these (but not all). I am also counting pages, and will note any that are missing. I am going to try and do this alphabetically, but no promises. Thanks for looking. Here are the particulars:

- No buyers from the bad lists

- I will pay for US shipping. It will be USPS 1st Class or Priority, whichever is cheaper. If you want something else, or if you want insurance, then it's based on actual costs and on your dime.

- PayPal only

- Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt

- Feel free to make me an offer, but I'll Take It trumps any negotiations.

- eBay handle is "the_tishbite" if you care for those references. I have just started selling on these boards.

First book is Beverly Hillbillies #19 from 1969. Photo cover. Significant spine roll, some creasing, name ("Susan") written in the margin on the first page, centerfold attached, cover attached, 32 pages all there. I am calling this one 3.0.

$5 shipped

BH front.JPG

BH back.JPG

BH spine.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Bugs Bunny Showtime #86, 1962, 5.5 = $9

Tough cardstock black cover, crease bottom right front cover, some color wear from being unbagged, really good spine with a couple color breaking stresses, tanned pages, color smudge through the cello on front, oddly enough on the back too, rough edge on the bottom back cover, one small tear on back cover, blunted top right front corner. All 80 pages accounted for. No writing noted.

bb front.JPG

bb page.JPG

bb back.JPG

bb front 2.JPG

bb front 3.JPG

Crack Western #71 from 1951. Cover attached, but bottom staple is losing its hold. Sadly, there is a wrap missing (assuming centerfold, but it doesn't look like the story is affected???). A couple small corner pieces missing from the front, and a piece missing from the edge in the back. Some definite tanning going on. I will call it 3.0 except for the missing wrap. $6 shipped.

cw4.JPG

cw1.JPG

cw2.JPG

cw3.JPG

Dell Giant, Walt Disney's Silly Symphonies #7 from 1957. Rough...please see pics. Large piece missing from front cover, lots of creasing and some tearing, soiling back cover. There are a few tears on the inside as well, and someone completed the connect-the-dots puzzle (wasn't me). I only count 94 pages when it should be 100. Do the inside covers count as pages on these? If so, the count is 96.

dg2.thumb.JPG.90e507d72c2a19d17dfd604e7360adde.JPG

$4

dg3.thumb.JPG.722d8fd7de9c5e2a1733b2dba5c69ed7.JPG

dg1.JPG

dg2.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Dell Giant, Walt Disney's Silly Symphonies #8 from 1958. This one is better, but that's not saying too much. Large tear in front cover, and other damage, staining front cover, random tear or two inside, but not too bad. I counted 98 pages...do they count the inside front and back covers as pages? They certainly look like they could be counted. Maze on inside of front cover has been completed in pencil. Some warping  on back cover.

$6 shipped

Take both Silly Symphonies for $8 shipped.

dg9.JPG

dg4.JPG

dg5.JPG

dg6.JPG

dg8.JPG

Four Color #321 from 1951, Little Scouts. Better than the other two Four Color, but still low grade with tanning/brittleness of the cover, tanning of the pages, some small pieces missing from cover, and maybe some chew. Better colors on this one, and the cover/centerfold are attached. All pages there.

$5 shipped

ls1.JPG

ls2.JPG

ls3.JPG

ls4.JPG

ls5.JPG

Joe Palooka Comics #27 from 1948. Similar condition in the 2.0 range. Loose centerfold but all 48 pages accounted for, some cover chipping, cover firmly attached, fading/soiling, browning/tanning, someone did their math homework on the back cover in pencil (wasn't me), cool Stan Musial add on page one.

$7 shipped

jp1.JPG

jp2.JPG

jp3.JPG

jp4.JPG

jp5.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Joe Palooka Comics #32 from 1949. All 48 pages present and attached, but browning/tanning along with the cover. Some cover chipping and creasing, more spine stress on this one, cover attached, but lost some color on the bottom front. Maybe as high as 3.0.

$8 shipped

Take both Joe Palookas for $13 shipped.

jp6.JPG

jp7.JPG

jp8.JPG

jp9.JPG

jp10.JPG

The Kilroys #29 from 1951. Lays flat and tight, but cover is browning badly. Pages tanning too, chips and the like on the cover, a scratch of some kind running from the "K" in Kilroys down through his right shoulder, cover feels a bit fragile, only 48 pages so missing centerfold (?; no issues with page numbers).

$4 shipped

K1.JPG

K2.JPG

K3.JPG

K4.JPG

K5.JPG

Spy Hunters #9 from 1950. Badly aging cover paper, tanning pages, spine split at top and bottom but still attached at both staples, prominent dust shadow both front and back, chipping. Just like The Kilroys issue there are only 12 wraps so 48 pages. I am not sure what is missing as it looks like the story just progresses. Any help here is appreciated as I am out of my normal waters. Pretty fragile feeling paper, but a very cool book nonetheless.

$8 shipped

sh1.JPG

sh3.JPG

sh4.JPG

sh5.JPG

sh2.JPG

Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #14 (Vol. 2 #2) from 1941. VERY ROUGH. Cover detached, back cover missing, part of the cover detached from the rest (see pic) 64 pages there, but various damage, some writing intermittently including on cover (but I didn't notice any defacing the story), writing in ink on last page.

I will take $28 shipped OBO on this one.

w1.JPG

w3.JPG

w4.JPG

w5.JPG

w6.JPG

w2.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #1`12 (Vol 10 #4). This one is labeled as a drug issue in OSPG. I only count 12 wraps on this one (48 pages), but the cover says 52 pages. Browning/brittle like several previous books. Tightly attached, some soiling, some chipping (esp on back), a couple pieces missing from interior pages that only affect the margins.

$6 shipped.

WD1.JPG

WD6.JPG

WD2.JPG

WD3.JPG

WD4.JPG

WD5.JPG

Whiz Comics #32 from 1942. This one DOESN'T have the brittleness/tanning issues of most of the previous books. Spine roll, "P" written in pencil in the "W" on the cover, damage to the lower spine (see pic), reference to Hitler and Mussolini on the cover and satire on the inside, 64 pages, centerfold loose at top staple, cover fully attached, some light staining to cover (see "Z" in Whiz). Really solid book. I would call this a 3.5 or 4.0 depending on how you knock that spine damage. 1st appearance The Trolls.

$65 $58 shipped

wz1.JPG

wz4.JPG

wz3.JPG

wz2.JPG

wz5.JPG

wz6.JPG

Edited by elibowman