• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vectorized Comic Book Images?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Vectorized Comic Book Images?

Hey everyone, I think this is the right place for this kind of post but if not please just let me know.

Does anyone know a good source for vectorized comic book images? I am trying to do some designs around the shop and I haven't found a good place to use or buy high quality images of comic book heroes, panels, or covers. If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated. I know there are some gifted design guys on here too that may have something. Again, any info would be appreciated.

Best, Nik

Perhaps he is in the shoe industry? Perhaps somewhere in the podiatry region of general sciences? Decoupage perhaps?

I miss that chick, whatever happened to her? lol

Seems like you could use filters in Photoshop to get close to a vectorized image, or there are probably a lot of phone apps that would do it for free.

Using the plotter to cut vinyl part totally lost me, but sounds interesting. Could you elaborate a bit more on  what that means and what you are using it for?

Edited by bronze_rules

41 minutes ago, Nikelspot said:

Chris nailed it!

I got 30 + years in the printing and sign business plus silk screen etc. If you got a Mac and Adobe Illus. You can vectorize pretty much anything you can scan. The command is create outlines. It turns text into art work that can be stretched and pulled in proportion. Simple like art can be scanned and by creating out lines you can open the file with a sign program such as Flexicut. I still have my plotter and programs but my power cord died. My powerbook is from 1995 but I can run a business today with it. Need that cord to turn it on