• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asm #15 questions

9 posts in this topic

I just pressed and graded an ASM 16 and it cost about  $200.00 and came out a 9.0. My AF15 cost about $1000.00 to clean, (not press) and grade and it came out a 5.0.. Then add the shipping each way. Mine were expedited.

I don't see a press helping your book but it doesn't have any apparent spine roll. The spine seems quite nice. The tears  bring it down a bit as do the top corners. I'd say a 5.5.  Yours is better than mine but mine isn't graded either. 

3 hours ago, 70'S-HORROR-MAG-GUY said:

It really looks better in person . Ive never submitted before ,i always bought books already slabbed . And from what i have into it how much more with a press and grade could i expect to spend . And no im not gonna sell it . 

Pressing it and slabbing it will be pretty expensive unless you have a bunch of other books that will keep shipping cost down.  The difference in value between a slabbed 5.5 and a 6.0 is only abut $40 so I'd not recommend getting it pressed unless you really want a certain slab grade.  Unless you want to slab it for conservation it doesn't look like it's worth getting graded.  Raw 6.0ish copies look to be selling for around $300 on E-Bay where as slabbed 5.5/6.0 are in the $350 range.  Slabbing expenses will eat up any profit you could get.