• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link's shipping fee to Canada?

29 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I think people think we're wierd... :gossip:

:gossip: Think?

4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

No details.  He just has a bunch of carp shipped to me, and I box it up together and ship it to him.  I also buy books from him and he buys books from me, and sometimes we pool orders.  We are of a like-mind grading-wise.   All I ask out of the deal is Mackintosh's Carmel and undisclosed sexual favors.  :devil:

:flipbait:

Man I wish I would have found this thread 1st!

I won a couple of books last night, nothing crazy, total came to $219. Start going through Checkout, shipping price: $70 (as someone said earlier).

The thing that bothers me even more than the outrageous cost is the Fact that the don't post the prices anywhere on their Website. Shady AF... 

I think I'll just cancel my account

2 hours ago, spracks919 said:

Man I wish I would have found this thread 1st!

I won a couple of books last night, nothing crazy, total came to $219. Start going through Checkout, shipping price: $70 (as someone said earlier).

The thing that bothers me even more than the outrageous cost is the Fact that the don't post the prices anywhere on their Website. Shady AF... 

Cold.

It only makes sense if you buy a whack of books or a few big books. 

Canada gets stuck in the CL dark ages haha.

I posted about the $70 shipping charge earlier in the thread. As patriot6 suggested, my thoughts were well I'll round out my order by purchasing some ungraded books from their site, well that was an adventure; I must have bid on 15 different books and only two came back as being available to actually buy. It seems that they don't care about exorbitant shipping prices to Canada and they don't update their online inventory. The experience has been enough to make search elsewhere for books I want, that's why I love these boards :foryou:.

7 minutes ago, dhgladiator said:

I posted about the $70 shipping charge earlier in the thread. As patriot6 suggested, my thoughts were well I'll round out my order by purchasing some ungraded books from their site, well that was an adventure; I must have bid on 15 different books and only two came back as being available to actually buy. It seems that they don't care about exorbitant shipping prices to Canada and they don't update their online inventory. The experience has been enough to make search elsewhere for books I want, that's why I love these boards :foryou:.

So where have you switched to, if you don't mind sharing?

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, spracks919 said:

even more than the outrageous cost is the Fact that the don't post the prices anywhere on their Website. Shady AF... 

I hear ya.

When I first signed up I emailed requesting shipping prices and, while they were really quick to respond, I nearly pooped a hammer when I saw those figures.

I have yet to buy from them.  Not worth it.  I've used the boards, ebay, cons, etc and have amassed basically 90% of what I've really wanted (in the grades I've wanted) as well.