• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost PM's?

21 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

What you're describing does sound like someone possibly sending you a PM and then deleting it. You would still get the notification, but the message wouldn't be there any longer to read.

We can delete PMs now?  In the olden days, the recipient would have to do that.  Please explain! :gossip:

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

We can delete PMs now?  In the olden days, the recipient would have to do that.  Please explain! :gossip:

I just sent you a PM then deleted it. Did you receive a notification? Can you see the PM?

47 minutes ago, comicwiz said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I just sent you a PM then deleted it. Did you receive a notification? Can you see the PM?

Yes - I got it, and even though you deleted it, it is still there in my inbox for me to read on my end.

Thanks for making me feel like I briefly had a board friend...., :foryou:

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yes - I got it, and even though you deleted it, it is still there in my inbox for me to read on my end.

:foryou: you know how I feel..

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
9 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

:foryou: you know how I feel..

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Good to know. I wasn't sure how that worked. I assumed when you "delete conversation" it would just delete it for both people in the conversation.

I think, too, if you are signed up for email notification of PMs, you get it and even if it is edited by the sender afterwards, you have the original.  At least that's the way I remember it under the old boards.

1 minute ago, telerites said:

I think, too, if you are signed up for email notification of PMs, you get it and even if it is edited by the sender afterwards, you have the original.  At least that's the way I remember it under the old boards.

That's good to know, so that greggy can't change his "FU" pms to "FU very much pms".

1 hour ago, telerites said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

That's good to know, so that greggy can't change his "FU" pms to "FU very much pms".

Don't we all just use the standard Greggy reply of STFU, regardless.

That's the standard response to the Divad "FU" pms - greggy's "FU" pms gets the "I :luhv: u 2 big boy" response.

16 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

For the record, Greggy can go F himself. 

I think you've pretty much summed up his Wednesday nights. :shy: