• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 1 : Take 2

182 posts in this topic

36 grades have been submitted so far. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let's get a move on, little doggies makepoint.gif

So, if you don't have your grade in yet, you are either:

1) comatose;

2) trying to find a new way a cheat; or

3) your Mother hasn't left town yet,

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

smirk.gif

Maybe just old and slow... poke2.gif

Can't be any older or slower than me! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Well there are over 70 people playing and it does take a little bit of time to get everyones guesses.

The only thing different I will be doing in this contest is, I will not chase people down who havnt submitted their guess.

Like I said every Monday and Thursday a new Round will begin, plenty of time for everyone involved to get their guess in. People that signed up should be responsible enough to get a grade in that time frame sumo.gif

Well there are over 70 people playing and it does take a little bit of time to get everyones guesses.

The only thing different I will be doing in this contest is, I will not chase people down who havnt submitted their guess.

Like I said every Monday and Thursday a new Round will begin, plenty of time for everyone involved to get their guess in. People that signed up should be responsible enough to get a grade in that time frame sumo.gif

Just list the names of the slow pokes at the last day and if they have any friends here, they can chase them down.

Just list the names of the slow pokes at the last day and if they have any friends here, they can chase them down.

So OldGuy and I are in in trouble, then, if we forget? poke2.gif

Sounds like a plan...last time I believe you posted when the round would end so everyone knew they had to get their wild-azz-guess (WAG) in by such and such a time, or be left out of that round. gossip.gif

1) comatose;

Patience is a virtue, Daivd.

1) comatose;

Patience is a virtue, Daivd.

And, anyone who has submitted economies is virtuous 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Just to be on the up and up.

Recently when the contest was announced I knew Harry(Burntboy) would be gone on Vacation for two weeks, starting May 3rd.

I acted as his proxy, and told Nikos to sign him up for the contest.

(I assumed Harry would want to play.. as he loves this kind of grading stuff, and did so well in the march contest.)

Anyhow.. unless Harry plugs in soon, long distance style from his comfy Hotel Lobby in Mexico.... he will miss the deadline for Round 1.

So today..I asked Nikos to put Harry down for the same grade guess that I submitted for Round 1... Nikos kindly acquiesced.

If I am way off on my Round 1 guess.... Harry can chew me a new one when he gets back for such a bad start.. but if I nail it ( i.e... Harry nails it too).. I did not want any under the table talk going on..or grumblings about how it was not fair when it came to light Burnt was not actually here to cast his vote on round 1.

So I am officially asking all the Grading Contest contest participants....

#1 is everyone ok with me signing Harry up since he was not present to do so himeself?

And..

#2.. Is it OK with everyone if I submit an absentee grade for Harry till he returns on the 17th?

I know how dissecting grading contest rules can become a hot topic of discussion.(coff.. coff..... MK and I quibbling over the rights to Anne...)

I mainly just wanted to absolve Nikos from any of this( he already has enough on his plate)

Ze-

Kenny