• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

130 posts in this topic

Exciting Comics 57 6.5 (light to mod spine & edge wear; mod spine stress bc; fc presents as 7.5 but sm cb crse with tear bl crnr bc; faint partial cb crses/folds ul crnr bc; cb crse with dent btm spine bc; d-stamp fc; light ink transfer bc; light tanning interior covers; last interior page has tear btm edge intruding into btm panel; otherwise staples clean, no odours and nice paper) $350.00

Exciting-57-fc.jpg

Exciting-57-bc.jpg

12 minutes ago, crassus said:

:hi: How are you doing Mike

Super! :banana:  Even the cranky-pantsers in General can't get me down!

39 minutes ago, crassus said:

Weird Tales of the Future 2 1.8 (mod to heavy spine, edge & surface wear, less on fc more on bc; staples clean & attached top but fragile btm & hanging onto paper, so to be safe consider btm staple detached; cf is secure; 3/4" x 1/2" piece out btm spine; sm pieces out lower spine bc & left btm edge bc; spine roll; mod to heavy tanning bc & interior covers; PQ is cr-ow and supple) $400.00

WeirdToftFuture-2-fc.jpg

WeirdToftFuture-2-bc.jpg

Oh,I wish...presents great!

1 minute ago, crassus said:

That's the spirit! Somebody's gotta be happy around here...

I'll try not to derail your thread too much, but looks like you're brining out some big gunz tonight!  That Exciting is very dreamy!  :luhv:

Thanks guys, those two books, and the X-Men 101 are up for sale as sacrifices rather than choices to be honest.

...and you are never derailing my thread, I'm always grateful for friendly conversation :smile:

1 minute ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

The WTotF 2 looks great... don't happen to have no. 5 do ya?? :shy:

Unfortunately not...that was the next target on the list, but it will have to wait a bit now...

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
6 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Did you get a grail?

He got FF'd :headbang:

and How! I did a massive upgrade of my FF run in Mr Sneeze's sales thread, easiest money I ever spent, but now I have to replace the funds, and I cannot afford to keep duplicates of books, just not a luxury I have ever had, with rare exceptions...so undercopies have to go and some luxury books have to go...there will be a few more of those before I finish up this thread.

Just now, crassus said:

and How! I did a massive upgrade of my FF run in Mr Sneeze's sales thread, easiest money I ever spent, but now I have to replace the funds, and I cannot afford to keep duplicates of books, just not a luxury I have ever had, with rare exceptions...so undercopies have to go and some luxury books have to go...there will be a few more of those before I finish up this thread.

I feel for you....and yet :popcorn:!

But if FF is at the top of your list, it's the way to go.

Fantastic Four 9 Apparent 2.5 (extensive CT on spine & glue paste on surface of fc, see notes to follow; otherwise solid reader, all attached; rust btm staple & at cf; generally mod to heavy cb spine, edge, and surface wear consistent with the grade; 3 prntrs-crses fc; 5/16" tear btm edge fc; several sm tears & chips r-edge fc & l-edge bc; BUT note dark vertical line bisecting the Torch appears to be a cut in the cover plastered over with what looks like glue) $75.00  SOLD

FF-9-fc.jpg

FF-9-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 91 8.0 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear; light spine stress; staple stress top with v sm cb; light cb wear top edge near spine; faint vertical cb crse center r-edge fc; sm faint vertical cb crse center l-edge bc; light foxing bc; note, the vertical line btm left crnr of the box fc, just above "MARVEL" is a production ink defect, not wear) $20.00

FF-91-fc.jpg

FF-91-bc.jpg

6 hours ago, crassus said:

Exciting Comics 57 6.5 (light to mod spine & edge wear; mod spine stress bc; fc presents as 7.5 but sm cb crse with tear bl crnr bc; faint partial cb crses/folds ul crnr bc; cb crse with dent btm spine bc; d-stamp fc; light ink transfer bc; light tanning interior covers; last interior page has tear btm edge intruding into btm panel; otherwise staples clean, no odours and nice paper) $350.00

Exciting-57-fc.jpg

Exciting-57-bc.jpg

hm