• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you deal with overhang?

26 posts in this topic

I have had a couple of books come back recently that CGC wouldn't slab due to an overhang.

Does CGC credit your account?

I'd like to know because I just got one back from them not slabbed becuase of overhang. I'm considering sending to the other graders.

I have had a couple of books come back recently that CGC wouldn't slab due to an overhang.

I'd like to know because I just got one back from them not slabbed becuase of overhang. I'm considering sending to the other graders.

They'll give you credit on your next submittal if you note it on your invoice. Make sure to include the amount and previous invoice number.

I do not have time right now to dig around the site... nor have I personally submitted all that many books to CGC, so my submittal form knowledge is limited.

But I was wondering if CGC has an official statement informing a person about what to look for in possible submission candidates? BEFORE a person sends them in?

I.E... severe overhangs books... what type gets returned?.., heavily chipped books with loose cover pieces that might fall off inside the well, brittle pages that lend themselves to breaking off.......etc.....

In other words... A guidline of what to look for in your books, and why they might get returned to you unslabbed due to the above reasons.

Would save alot of headaches on both ends.

And if you still want to take the chance a book might get returned after being informed of this.. at least you knew before hand it had a good chance of not being slab worthy.

Ze-

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They'll give you credit on your next submittal if you note it on your invoice. Make sure to include the amount and previous invoice number

And if you don't... 893whatthe.gif

What about those that use credit cards to pay CGC. Does CGC credit your card account? After all, they are fast to charge your card the minute your books get to them. Shouldn't they return the favor. I might be sterring a can of worms here but, what about those that don't submit for a while. It could be a long time to tie up your money. Besides, it seems like it could get complicated keeping track of who has credit coming to them. I don't mind the whole credit your next order thing. I'm just not crazy about the fact that it may not be for a while before I submit again. Thats money I could be using somewhere else now. You think I should call CGC?

I'm sure that it's possible to have them refund your credit card. I had 4 overhangs from 3 submissions and this information was provided on their computer when I called for a refund. They told me to show the amount on my next submittal so my credit card wouldn't get charged the full amount. I'm sure if I'd raised a fuss, they would've sent me a check or refunded my credit card.

I'm sure that it's possible to have them refund your credit card. I had 4 overhangs from 3 submissions and this information was provided on their computer when I called for a refund. They told me to show the amount on my next submittal so my credit card wouldn't get charged the full amount. I'm sure if I'd raised a fuss, they would've sent me a check or refunded my credit card.

Thanks! I feel better hearing that. Good to know they have the credits on record.