• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QUESTIONABLE GRADE?

6 posts in this topic

QUESTIONABLE GRADE?

Hello everyone...Has anyone ever resubmitted a book after receiving a grade that you didn't agree with from any of the grading companies?  I just received a grade of 9.2 and 9.0 from one of the companies on 2  books that was unread and untouched.  White pages beautiful books.  I thought worst case scenario it would be a 9.6, but in reality should have been a 9.8 in my unprofessional opinion.  I have other books from this same company that came back at 9.6 that don't compare to these 2.  Any suggestions?

unread does not mean 9.8 --- and the books were handled at least for packing and shipping.....

Were they pressed? a poor press job may not be visible in the case - but could definitely lower the grade.  

Any grader notes???

as far as resubmitting goes - kind of up to you but this could be costly if you plan on doing this every time you are unhappy with a grade.

Hi res scans would help -

Appreciate the input.  I would not do it all the time. I just compared this book to other books I have and it really didn't make sense. The grader notes Say small crease bottom left back cover.  Just frustrated I guess.  Thanks

3 hours ago, scottp1327 said:

Appreciate the input.  I would not do it all the time. I just compared this book to other books I have and it really didn't make sense. The grader notes Say small crease bottom left back cover.  Just frustrated I guess.  Thanks

Sometimes the only difference between a 9.0 and a 9.6 is one crease. Seriously.  

Could be a light crease or multiple small dents that add up.

Is the cover black or a color that would make it hard to see small dents and creases?

Is it a modern book or a pulpy book?