• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping and costs for supplies

6 posts in this topic

I was looking over my collection and it struck me that my need for bags and boards increases almost exponentially every month (I know, I should buy less comics!). But bags and boards are apparently worth their weight in gold. Do they really cost that much to ship across the Atlantic? Do anyone here know how much space a couple of thousand bags and boards would take up, are we talking package or pallet shipping here?

Let me give you a calculation as an example of what we nutty European collectors have to put up with (with examples from what I need):

From E Gerbers website:

1000 Mylites 2 Current: 155$

1000 Mylites 2 Standard: 160$

1000 Full backs Current: 135$

1000 Full backs Standard:140$

From Archonia (only decent shop in europe carrying E Gerber products that I've found):

1000 Mylites 2 Current: 355 Euro (about 390$)

1000 Mylites 2 Standard: N/A, probably in the same range as the Currents.

1000 Full backs Current: 280 Euro (about 308$)

1000 Full backs Standard: 298,8 Euro (about 328$)

This however excludes shipping. E Gerber doesn't ship outside the US (I asked them via mail).

25 minutes ago, Ssantoss said:

I was looking over my collection and it struck me that my need for bags and boards increases almost exponentially every month (I know, I should buy less comics!). But bags and boards are apparently worth their weight in gold. Do they really cost that much to ship across the Atlantic? Do anyone here know how much space a couple of thousand bags and boards would take up, are we talking package or pallet shipping here?

Let me give you a calculation as an example of what we nutty European collectors have to put up with (with examples from what I need):

From E Gerbers website:

1000 Mylites 2 Current: 155$

1000 Mylites 2 Standard: 160$

1000 Full backs Current: 135$

1000 Full backs Standard:140$

From Archonia (only decent shop in europe carrying E Gerber products that I've found):

1000 Mylites 2 Current: 355 Euro (about 390$)

1000 Mylites 2 Standard: N/A, probably in the same range as the Currents.

1000 Full backs Current: 280 Euro (about 308$)

1000 Full backs Standard: 298,8 Euro (about 328$)

This however excludes shipping. E Gerber doesn't ship outside the US (I asked them via mail).

A box of 500 Full Backs comes in a 16" x 13" x 11" box and a U.S pallet is 40" x 48".

Barbie says mathIsHard_zps76e9f5ad.jpg

So I'll leave that final calculation to you.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

A box of 500 Full Backs comes in a 16" x 13" x 11" box and a U.S pallet is 40" x 48".

I love math so hard!! And thanks, info about the measurements helps alot. :)

7 minutes ago, Ssantoss said:
11 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I love math so hard!! And thanks, info about the measurements helps alot. :)

1000 M2s come in a box that is 16" x 13" by 5"

I purchase 750/775s

Edited by lizards2