• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM GS Defenders 3 - need help!

5 posts in this topic

PGM GS Defenders 3 - need help!

I need some help with this one, it has a few unique qualities:

• Square binding
  • Cover is mis-cut
  • Tiny pinholes at the bottom of the cover

The book is in generally nice shape, but I honestly don't know how to grade this thing with this particular set of irregularities, so any help is appreciated. 

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

The "pinholes" at the bottom are production-related, so they aren't usually penalized by graders. The only major flaw is the small crease on bottom right of the front cover. That would make it a 9.0 at best and is probably a sweet 8.5.

Weird looking staples.  I don't really get the production related issue thing, and what constitutes that.  Misaligned cover would seem to fall under that, too.  looks like there's a light spine tick 2/3rds of the way down, and the aforementioned crease, and the back is not bright white.   I would guess the same as sassemble.

Don't grade it, just price it ! To argue whether these flaws should be regarded as production and ignore them is doing an injustice to the buyer. The pinholes are there, regardless of CGC's opinion. I think a book like this should be priced to sell, not graded and priced to grade. Sorry.