• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We need a ruling on this.

22 posts in this topic

We need a ruling on this.

I mean, we all know this is probably a 7.5 in reality, but those signatures...the Len Wein looks pretty standard save for the final n in Wein, but I'm definitely not sold on the Atnl Inpee being legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-181-MINT-PGX-9-9-Signed-Wein-Trimpe-Wolverine-NOT-CGC-/292033599089?hash=item43fe8f1671:g:TDEAAOSw-0xYRiwk

Discuss.

Doesn't matter if its PGX its basically an unwitnessed sig eg 'writing on cover'.

Did you miss the infamous Steve Ditko/Jack Kirby PGX signature series thread?  That company has zero credibility (tsk)

Someone please post the old thread link for some good laughs!  Steve Ditko silver sharpie authenticated signature I seem to remember ;) 

Edited by mosconi

Well Oakman swears by PGX all his slabs were done by them guys (that guy I mean)

I can attest that I was not present when the books were not signed.

8 hours ago, jcjames said:

I have a couple of books signed by Atnl Inpee, but after comparing them to this 9.9 signature book, I'm not so sure the guy doing my signing was legit. 

Ah, yes, he was one of Herb Trimpe’s art assistants, now almost completely forgotten.

He worked on Hulk 181, but didn’t actually have anything to do with Wolverine, only being trusted enough to add a small amount of detail to the Wendigo figures in the comic.

As we all know, it’s Wolverine who adds value to this book, and so Atnl Inpee’s contribution is negligible and the addition of his signature to the cover somewhat pointless.

10 hours ago, mosconi said:

Did you miss the infamous Steve Ditko/Jack Kirby PGX signature series thread?  That company has zero credibility (tsk)

Someone please post the old thread link for some good laughs!  Steve Ditko silver sharpie authenticated signature I seem to remember ;) 

I did not miss it, that thread was legendary!  I figured we could all use another cheap laugh.

15 hours ago, mosconi said:

1 minute ago, ThothAmon said:
14 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I can attest that I was not present when the books were not signed.

Your wit never fails.  It's as dry as a good  :martini:.

:blush:

6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Ah, yes, he was one of Herb Trimpe’s art assistants, now almost completely forgotten.

He worked on Hulk 181, but didn’t actually have anything to do with Wolverine, only being trusted enough to add a small amount of detail to the Wendigo figures in the comic.

As we all know, it’s Wolverine who adds value to this book, and so Atnl Inpee’s contribution is negligible and the addition of his signature to the cover somewhat pointless.

so true-- all of the Wendigo fans/collectors know that the best book to own is IH 180