• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #181 first app of poison ivy

11 posts in this topic

Batman #181 first app of poison ivy

Hi, I am new to the threads. I have recently purchased this Batman #181 and would like to know y'alls thoughts on grade. Has off white pages and 1 inch X 1 inch square piece missing from 2nd page (does not interrupt story or artwork at all) I am thinking of pressing and cleaning. Thanks for your time and thoughts20170507_190422_resized.thumb.jpg.70eb35dc56ac2b35f75eec377e82ead0.jpg20170507_190441_resized.thumb.jpg.7427c76e27420f7f3fd8ca96837712e2.jpg

There are no pieces missing but the book has a LOT of general wear. Did you check if the poster is there and intact ? The stain (dust shadow ?)on the BC hurts. Even with a press, I think it's 4.0 tops . I would not dry clean it as it might induce new tears.

Pin up was the first thing I checked lol. It Is in perfect condition. Thanks for your input, my comic book dealer is the one who actually recommended getting it cleaned as there Is alot of surface dirt, I have never used the service.

3 hours ago, Justin423 said:

Pin up was the first thing I checked lol. It Is in perfect condition. Thanks for your input, my comic book dealer is the one who actually recommended getting it cleaned as there Is alot of surface dirt, I have never used the service.

Regarding the cleaning, the comic is rubbed with a dry eraser. Obviously the surface of your comic is not smooth with many creases and wrinkles. You would have to be very, very careful.   

Probably a 3.0 if graded.  They will hit the all over wear on the front cover very hard.  Back doesn't look too bad so maybe 3.5 on a good day.