• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feedback On eBay Store Logo

73 posts in this topic

Would be a good idea to incorporate the infinity design ( Eternity ) into your logo so it captures the look of a logo rather than just words in creative fonts.

I do not know if you need to find a new designer, just provide the current one with some feedback and ask for a few more samples. Depends on budget as well.

image.png

Edited by Artboy99

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

Actually they do. McDonalds Masterbrand Golden Arches were a HUGE influence on the restaurant-goers in the 60s.

Read here:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2016/07/26/surprising-story-behind-mcdonalds-legendary-golden-arches.html

Reveal hidden contents

Believe it or not, when the brothers were interviewing architects to design the first location in 1952, they were met with a fair amount of resistance.

Remember these slanted arches from the 1960s?Expand / Contract
Remember these slanted arches from the 1960s? (McDonald's)
The first architect was adamantly against incorporating the arches into the design, the second wanted to change them too much, and the third didn’t want to be told what to do. In desperation, the brothers sketched out a rough approximation of what they were looking for – a building with a half-circle on either side – and brought it to an architect named Stanley Clark Meston, who streamlined the arches into tapered parabolas. 

The design stuck, and the end result was revolutionary for the time.

When McDonald’s decided to do away with the design in the early 1960s, design head Jim Schindler took his inspiration from those already-famous arches to design the earliest version of the company’s logo (below): an abstract view of a McDonald’s location from an angle, with the two arches lined up to form an “M” and the roof bisecting it.

Over the years, Schindler's "M" logo morphed into the design, pretty much everyone in the world recognizes today. 

in the 60s...

6 minutes ago, kav said:

Check out this very effective logo-the actual logo has the words same size as eye image but for the street sign it was modified.

81428 (2).jpg

these are giving me a headache

25 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

31 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Here you go. You're welcome

Untitled1.jpg

Wow, that's amazing!  

You're welcome. You're always so helpful on the boards, I'm just payin' it forward!!

Well it seems like you don't really want feedback so just go with what you like.

I emailed the designer to come up with something else, gave some of the feedback posted here as well as what I liked and didn't like. I'm not spending $800 on a top of the line logo that depends on the face of a fortune 500 company, it's just an eBay store

5 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I emailed the designer to come up with something else, gave some of the feedback posted here as well as what I liked and didn't like. I'm not spending $800 on a top of the line logo that depends on the face of a fortune 500 company, it's just an eBay store

you can get some very talented folks on digital webbing to come up with something for like $20.  I paid $30 to have this cover colored from a pen and ink drawing and the title created:

talesvoid.jpg

14 minutes ago, kav said:

you can get some very talented folks on digital webbing to come up with something for like $20.  I paid $30 to have this cover colored from a pen and ink drawing and the title created:

talesvoid.jpg

It's already paid for but I can do unlimited revisions  

9 minutes ago, kav said:

talesvoid.jpg

Dude. That totally rocks. Looks like 80s Mitch O'Connell's work a bit

For an e-bay store I'd think any of the three would be perfectly fine.  I'm sure there is some subliminal stuff at work but who really looks at e-bay logos when buying books?  "That guys logo is bad so I better pass up on this X-Men 1 for $200".

Edited by 1Cool

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Would be a good idea to incorporate the infinity design ( Eternity ) into your logo so it captures the look of a logo rather than just words in creative fonts.

I do not know if you need to find a new designer, just provide the current one with some feedback and ask for a few more samples. Depends on budget as well.

image.png

Metis symbol