• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many titles do you collect ?

60 posts in this topic

Tangled Web was cancelled
Thank god. The first four or five issues rocked with the Ennis 3-issue story and that one-shot focusing on that Kingpin henchman, but since then, PHEW, it stunk!

Pimpy -

You are tha' man! I totally forgot about Jack Burton and the "Porkchop Express"!!! Thanks for bringing back this classic! tongue.gif I died when I saw the "Ms. Meth" avatar! Can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Back on topic....I forgot to add LOEG Vol. 2 to my list.

Chris

Timelys, finishing these runs specifically:

Marvel Comics/Marvel Mystery

Capt. America

Submariner

Human Torch

Daring Mystery

Mystic (1st series only)

All Winners

Red Raven (one shot, actually, in my opinion, Captain America Vol.1 #1...Captain America #1 is titled Vol.2#1 in it's indicae).

Pulps:

Amazing Stories 1926 to end of "bedsheet" sized issues.

Are those GORGEOUS issues or what?? The art work is incredible!! Frank Paul, Moray, H.Brown, Fuqua...the artists that Kirby, Everett, Burgos, Schomberg, etc., all idolized. Believe it or not, there WAS an estate sale on almost an entire run of these and I was lucky to pick up a batch. ALL solid FN to VFN copies (Fn and VFNs in THESE books are the equivalent of NM and better Gold and Silver age books, and in all probablity, far more rare in that relative grade!) with creamy WHITE pages. Like going back in a time machine and VERY unexpected for these issues that were printed on horrendous pulpy newsprint paper with an extremely high degradation rate.

I'll put up scans of a couple of covers as soon as I get the chance.

Believe it or not, there WAS an estate sale on almost an entire run of these and I was lucky to pick up a batch

Egads hammer... shocked.gif ...thats like finding Action #1 in an old lady's attic...

Did you get them at a decent price...and was the first year in that batch... crazy.gif

you do not want the whole run, i repeat, you do not want the whole run
I duuunnnnnnnnnno, these two have whet my whistle and gotten me thinking about sniping any issue I see you or that dirty Midgard guy bidding on: tongue.gif
Thor124_small.jpg

Click here for larger image

Thor126_small.jpg

Click here for larger image