• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everette Hartsoe's RAZOR by Lotus Entertainment (TBD)
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Everette Hartsoe's RAZOR by Lotus Entertainment (TBD)

1990s 'Bad Girl' Comic RAZOR Coming To Big Screen With FAST & THE FURIOUS Director

Razor.jpg

Tent-pole filmmaker Rob Cohen will direct RAZOR and wrote the screenplay based on the bestselling comic book franchise “Razor,” Cohen is partnering with THE CROW producer, Jeff Most of Most Films, to produce the film. Number 11 Films is fully financing and handling worldwide sales on RAZOR as the first film under a new sales and  financing partnership it has established with Lotus Entertainment. The companies will be introducing the project to buyers at the upcoming Marché du Film.

RAZOR is based on two of Everette Hartsoe’s comic book series, “Razor” and “Stryke”.

“Razor” defined a new genre in comics known as “Bad Girl” comics, and “Razor” remains one of the biggest bad girl comic book characters of all time with sales of over 6 million comic books sold worldwide. Cohen is best-known for creating and directing the debut films for THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS and XXX franchises. His career box office exceeds $1.4 billion. Inspired by his experience writing and developing RAZOR, Cohen has recently become a successful comic book creator with his critically praised comic book series “Red Dog”.

"I have loved RAZOR since its first publication. It has operatic themes, female empowerment, revenge, action, a love story, all shrouded in a delicious darkness that fits our time.” Rob Cohen In addition to sharing the same producer as THE CROW, there is a shared history between the“Razor” and “The Crow” characters, and the graphic novelists themselves. Everette Hartsoe and James O’Barr were inspired to create the comics, “Razor” and “The Crow”, respectively, due to the loss of someone dear to them. In James O’Barr’s case, it was the unsolved loss of his fiancé by a hit and run driver that lead to the creation of “The Crow”. With Everette Hartsoe, it was the tragic murder of his younger sister when Everette was 15 years old. To mourn his sister’s death, Everette created, “Razor”, a dangerous young woman who is impervious to pain. “Razor” and “The Crow” appeared in a series of crossover comics that lead to a shared universe and a #1 selling graphic novel, “The Crow/ Razor.” Other producers on RAZOR include Philip Lee (THE DARK KNIGHT; THE REVENANT), Jim Steele (THE ARRIVAL) and Sean Lydiard (OFFICE UPRISING).

I wonder if Shi will find a cinema home soon as well.

:wishluck:

Edited by Bosco685

The Gifted Star Emma Dumont Talks Taking On a Very Different Superhero in Razor

razor01.thumb.PNG.6caa60faef32afa37e57e0fa9df9724a.PNG

Back in June, it was announced that The Gifted star Emma Dumont would be taking on another superhero identity; Razor. The character was originally created in 1992 and film rights have been floating around since as early as 2009. The project is finally getting off of the ground after hanging out in development hell for a couple of years and Dumont told Emmys.com that she is very excited to take on this role.

"Razor is something I am so excited about; this character is like someone I have never played before. She is a superhero but she’s not super. She has no gifts or abilities, so for me it’s really cool to play that."

"I’m going to be doing all my own stunts. The director, Rob Cohen, said he basically wants me to be able to fight for my own life for real. So I’m learning Krav Maga and I’m in the gym three-four hours per day. It’s very physically demanding and I’m going to learn a lot of great new skills."

"As far as the character goes, I think this character is so important right now because she has a very human view of things. She escapes from a mental institution when she is 18 or 19. She doesn’t have the influences of the judiciary system, or law enforcement, or rules, or even societal pressures or expectations."

"So when she sees someone doing something wrong, she doesn’t see it as a felony or misdemeanor, she just sees wrong. If you’re a bad guy she’ll just kill you so you don’t hurt any more people. She doesn’t know checks or balances. She’s an antihero."