• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filmoplast? Rice Paper? Conserved? PLOD? HELP!!

5 posts in this topic

Filmoplast? Rice Paper? Conserved? PLOD? HELP!!

Hey folks so I have a book that I purchased that read, "tape" in the description. Before you read forward I don't want this thread to turn into a who was the seller kind of deal that is not what this is about. This is to be informative not only for me but hopefully others as well. I looked up filmoplast and rice paper and there are lots of talks about it but I didn't find many pictures. I have many GA rarities as that is my passion and lately have received a few that have something on the inside which I am not all that familiar with and would like to be. All were purchased raw and are pretty darn rare so you have to strike when they come up and sometimes that means taking chances as many of you have probably done as well so I look to you for advice and knowledge. 

So This most recent book stated, "tape" on the inside cover and I am just not sure what kind of tape it is and need you...the boardie brains to school me. It appears almost whitish clear. It is on several parts of the cover and up and down the entire spine which doesn't appear split underneath just has tears/holes it appears to be, "Filling" or "reinforcing" for a lack of better terms. So is this filmoplast or Rice paper or what and IF subbed to CGC would it come back Universal, conserved, or Restored? If others have pictures I would love and encourage them to share within the thread as well. Thanks so much in advance, Gino

34894188105_33c1d10977_k.jpg

This is another book completely but appears to be the same thing. It has faded the spine and looks strange but is actually pretty solid even though it now doesn't appear that way...

25882935646_b5d4531123_b.jpg25908767305_668d4888c4_b.jpg25276091414_8612cfb7d6_b.jpg

Edited by gino2paulus2

appears to be long fiber version of filmoplast. I believe the grade would be conserved, but I am not 100% certain.

The long fiber filmoplast can be cut to sizes needed.

100029_0_7.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

15 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

appears to be long fiber version of filmoplast. I believe the grade would be conserved, but I am not 100% certain.

The long fiber filmoplast can be cut to sizes needed.

100029_0_7.jpg

Thanks Karl!! ?