• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Rai 0

5 posts in this topic

PGM Rai 0

First time posting and new to grading, so sorry in advance! Rai 0 has always been one of my favorite books, and I thought it was about time I submitted my copy. It has a few issues and I was wondering if pressing would help? I'm not really sure what pressing can and cannot help with at this point either...

I know it will get dinged for the small tear on the bottom staple, but how much will it lower it?

The bottom of the back cover has a manufacturing defect, what looks like a long horizontal scratch is actually printed like that. Will this lower it a lot?

There are some dents and creases that I've tried to capture, I'm hoping most of these can be improved with pressing?

Overall, what grade would you all give this book?

Looking at sold listings on eBay, cgc 9.8 books are going between $160-$210 (this is the rarer more expensive glossy cover, not the matte cover). Depending on where this grades, it may or may not be worth sending in. But I probably will anyhow since I've loved this cover since I started collecting in the early 90s!

Rai 0 - Back Crease.jpg

Rai 0 - Back Defect.jpg

Rai 0 - Front.jpg

Rai 0 - Gun Dent.jpg

Rai 0 - Spine Crease.jpg

Rai 0 - Spine Middle.jpg

Rai 0 - Spine.jpg

Rai 0 - Staple Bottom.jpg

Rai 0 - Staple Top.jpg

Rai 0 - Sword Dent.jpg

Edited by TimEvans1977

14 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

I can't help with your pressing questions because I barely know what it is, so I won't offer a grade, but I will offer this advice - it's a good idea to wear cotton gloves to handle it, because fingerprints will cost you.

Good point, I'll pick some up before I handle any more books I plan to send it. I didn't even consider that!