• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Showcase #22

8 posts in this topic

PGM Showcase #22

Bought this unrestored raw Showcase #22 (personal holy grail) and plan to press (pending your advice) and slab this book when I get back from this deployment. Sorry for the pictures in the bag, I didn't take them :( Appreciate the advice and opinions! 

GL9.jpg

GL10.jpg

GL1.jpg

GL2.jpg

GL2A.jpg

GL3.jpg

GL3A.jpg

GL4.jpg

GL5.jpg

GL6.jpg

GL7.jpg

GL8.jpg

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Welcome to the boards.  Nice book. 3.0-4.0 with the spine issues.  Can't really see how pressing would improve.

In picture 2 of the back cover, you can see a fold crease in the top left corner. I figured that might be worth trying to press out but it's an old book, maybe not worth it?

edit: wooooords

Edited by LaxThanatos

6 minutes ago, LaxThanatos said:

In picture 2 of the back cover, you can see a fold crease in the top left corner. I figured that might be worth trying to press out but it's an old book, maybe not be it?

Yes, but i dont think it will make a difference in your grade and the pressing may worsen the spine issues, book presents ?? 

I will go with 3.0 maybe 3.5. I would be surprised at 4.0 with that spine. Otherwise very nice presenting book. Photos not great but looks to still have nice color on the cover.