• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee Wonder Woman sketch Charity Auction

4 posts in this topic

Jim Lee Wonder Woman sketch Charity Auction

Hi everyone,

I recently produced a video for SYFY where Jim Lee penciled and inked a Wonder Woman sketch for us. It's a thing of beauty -- and watching Jim at work is always a treat! We're auctioning the sketch off to benefit The Hero Initiative - 100% of the proceeds go to that great organization.

Here's the link to the story on SYFYWire, with a link to the auction and the video. Hope you enjoy, and hope you bid up the OA!

http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-30/wonder-woman-jim-lee-sketch-ebay-auction

1 hour ago, Thawk said:

It's amazing to think his sketch work has effectively become more valuable than a lot of published pages.

That was more than a sketch IMO, i'll be shocked if it doesn't see print somehow, somewhere.   It was pretty amazing.

Yeah "sketch" is a pretty loose term & wasn't exactly the right word.  This is a step up from what his normal "sketches" are - like what he gives away during a panel - it's a beautiful piece.  I just meant, for being an unpublished drawing that was primarily done in ink with only rough pencils, it's impressive to see the value price-wise is equivalent to a lot of his more expensive published pages (not including covers).