• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 266 (there are many like it, but this one is mine!)

4 posts in this topic

PGM Uncanny X-Men 266 (there are many like it, but this one is mine!)

Soooooo...I had planned to post this before the other two copies were posted recently and I didn't wanna get left out. I feel bad about posting a third one of these, but have a question about the weird and potentially ugly registration issue on the top right corner of the FC. There is no damage there. It is just a printing error of some kind and the cover is very clean, flat, glossy, and the corner is sharp as a tac.

There are two extremely small spine tics that I think qualify as color breaking and I've taken as close up a pic of them as I can. The book could use a press. There are a couple of minor finger bends. One on the front (it shows up in the general area of the two spine tics) and one on the BC.  I'm still figuring out iphone photography, so the pages are definitely far whiter than they may appear in these photos.

This is my personal book, picked it up at Megacon a few years ago, and am considering slabbing it but am happy keeping it raw as well since it is overall a pretty nice copy. If the registration thing is a big enough turn off, I might end up trading up for a nicer copy.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)   And sorry about the glare. I'm working on my lack of skillz

IMG_8263_zpslcftfxgi.jpg

IMG_8277_zpskhyszjqr.jpg

IMG_8272_zpsgh91t6wu.jpg

IMG_8267_zpspiziremp.jpg

IMG_8269_zpsnz55wemj.jpg

IMG_8275_zps9xu3vrlr.jpg

IMG_8266_zpsp1yja6tf.jpg

IMG_8276_zpsa8wey45y.jpg

IMG_8278_zpsonqmg8kj.jpg

IMG_8279_zpswidp9eqs.jpg

IMG_8280_zpsppzasogu.jpg

IMG_8282_zpsohmdw99m.jpg

don't know about the registration issue, but it seems production related flaws are not counted against.  Corners are good.  A few spine tics on the front and one on the back.  I'd say (9.2-9.4) if the registration counts as a production issue.  It probably would affect a sale though, if you tried to upgrade copies.

nice FMJ reference.

Edited by SteppinRazor

On 6/2/2017 at 7:05 PM, SteppinRazor said:

don't know about the registration issue, but it seems production related flaws are not counted against.  Corners are good.  A few spine tics on the front and one on the back.  I'd say (9.2-9.4) if the registration counts as a production issue.  It probably would affect a sale though, if you tried to upgrade copies.

nice FMJ reference.

Thanks , ha. It's only one of my favorite films. 

I think I want to just sell this copy raw and get a new one but I have no idea what that weird issue with the front cover does to the value of the book. I don't think a maybe 9.2 is worth slabbing. Dude I bought it from at the time had two copies, both really nice but I somehow picked this one? I should have got them both :D