• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting "Covers Only" slabbed

26 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

So if a cover is re-glossed it gets a purple label but if it's laminated it get's a blue label ?  Does this make sense to anyone ?

Hey, you're right.  I didn't think of that.  That's gotta be a mistake.  At least the "Lamination" notation is there.

34 minutes ago, gadzukes said:
1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

So if a cover is re-glossed it gets a purple label but if it's laminated it get's a blue label ?  Does this make sense to anyone ?

Hey, you're right.  I didn't think of that.  That's gotta be a mistake.  At least the "Lamination" notation is there.

That makes no sense at all.  So if you have a cover that has been re-glossed and then you laminate over that cover, I assume the glossing is now not noticed, so a blue :ohnoez:

On 10/11/2017 at 5:26 AM, Chicago Boy said:

About as much sense as slabbing covers in the first place :wink:

On 10/11/2017 at 6:06 AM, gadzukes said:

While I would normally agree that the purple label is misused in some cases on items that haven't been restored, but damaged, I would have to agree with CGC here that reglossing replaces something which was there in the first place, which is cover gloss.   Lamination doesn't do that.

My Special Edition 1 cover sold on CC tonight for $194.  Congrats to the buyer, it's a good looking cover.  I really had no idea what it would go for.  I won it on ebay for about $80 so I made a small profit (I can't remember what it cost to slab it).  I've got about 8 more of these covers, but I don't think I'll slab any more of them.