• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are all the new Sketch variants??

2 posts in this topic

I'm not a hardcore collector by any means, but I am always interested in collecting those super hard to get sketch variants (1:100+). Has Marvel stopped making them?? The last Quesada sketch variant I saw was the Spiderman wedding. Turner, I don't even remember. The batman vol 2 sketches were cool... for the 10 or so issues... but outside of that, am I correct in saying there hasn't been anything? 

Is there a site that announces these types of variants in advance? Am i just not looking in the right place, or do they not exist? 

4 hours ago, VinnyT said:

I'm not a hardcore collector by any means, but I am always interested in collecting those super hard to get sketch variants (1:100+). Has Marvel stopped making them?? The last Quesada sketch variant I saw was the Spiderman wedding. Turner, I don't even remember. The batman vol 2 sketches were cool... for the 10 or so issues... but outside of that, am I correct in saying there hasn't been anything? 

Is there a site that announces these types of variants in advance? Am i just not looking in the right place, or do they not exist? 

Star Wars #26 was the last sketch variant for that title.  Darth Maul #1 had a sketch variant.  There are some upcoming Star Wars sketch exclusives, but nothing that will be going to retailers.

I've noticed Marvel has been scaling back the Star Wars variants the past few months.  I'm guessing they are looking into why there sales are suffering and this is one area they are examining.  (Or we could hope this is the case!)