• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM WOLVERINE 1988 #1

15 posts in this topic

PGM WOLVERINE 1988 #1

I recently acquired this copy of Wolverine #1 from the 1988 series and wanted to get opinions of what grade it might receive when I submit it to CGC. It appears to my amateur eye to be in great shape for a nearly 30 year old book. The pages are especially white and bright. The corners are sharp.

Your feedback is appreciated!!

WOLV1.jpg

WOLV2.jpg

WOLV3.jpg

WOLV4.jpg

WOLV5.jpg

WOLV6.jpg

Got any bigger pics, and close ups of the corners and spine?  Interior looks great.  You've got fingerprints on the front and back.  Looks to be a small mark on the back near the lower staple.  I'll wait for the close ups.  It's hard to see spine tics, especially on the lower half of the book, but if they're there, they'll cost you.

I did the same, on my copy of the same book, not too long ago.  I wore cotton gloves and just lightly rubbed the fingerprints (in one direction, not back and forth).  That seemed to work, but there may be a better way.  Hopefully if so, someone with more knowledge will jump in.

21 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

Got any bigger pics, and close ups of the corners and spine?  Interior looks great.  You've got fingerprints on the front and back.  Looks to be a small mark on the back near the lower staple.  I'll wait for the close ups.  It's hard to see spine tics, especially on the lower half of the book, but if they're there, they'll cost you.

I was able to remove the fingerprints using tissue and made the decision to send it in to be graded along with 6 other books. I'll update once I get them back. 

Would anyone hazard a guess at what grade I might receive? I appreciate the observations and opinions thus far but would be interested in any thoughts on what it would grade at. Thanks in advance. 

11 hours ago, poppy73 said:

No the book is on its way to CGC. I'll update once I have a grade. 

darn.  Based on what I can see in the pics, and assuming fingerprints are all gone, it looks like maybe the BLC of the front is a touch frayed, and there's a mark on the back at the bottom staple.  Without detail shots, I'd guess (9.4-9.6)

I always wear gloves when handling/bagging a lot of books to avoid fingerprints.  A great way to remove them is with a combo of a small felt shoe polish rag, and also by breathing on the book to create the slightest bit of condensation on the surface to spot them and help remove them.  I've removed minor schmeg this way a swell.

My Bro in law sent this same book off and had it back last month. To look at it i myself thought it was a definite 9.0 / 2 or higher..

came back an 8.5!

I think i need to ask him what the grade notes are as it seemed to look flawless!