• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Navigation

18 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

From my understanding... you can't. The search seems to be optimized for comic books only. You can't search by artist.

That's super convenient.

31 minutes ago, glendgold said:

ComicConnect Navigation

If I wanted to find all the art in this auction that was by (let's say) Jack Kirby, how on earth do I do that? 

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Thank you.  This must be a relief to consignors. 

They probably can't tell if their pieces are included. 

2 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Wait -- there isn't a "search by consignor" button?

I didn't know that was a thing. 

1 hour ago, glendgold said:

ComicConnect Navigation

If I wanted to find all the art in this auction that was by (let's say) Jack Kirby, how on earth do I do that? 

Go to Advanced Search from the front page

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?spsearch=advancedSearch&searchType=advanced

Item Type: Art/Memorabilia

Artist: select Jack Kirby

Click Search button

15 minutes ago, Twanj said:

Go to Advanced Search from the front page

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?spsearch=advancedSearch&searchType=advanced

Item Type: Art/Memorabilia

Artist: select Jack Kirby

Click Search button

Nice, makes you wonder why that's not one of the choices on the main page. 

I did manage to wade though the Berk collection there recently.  A testament to how impressive that collection was, that I was able to make it all the way to the end without giving up like I normally do.  

I would never consign to this site, personally.

The sad thing is it seems they are SO close to getting it right.  It's not as if the site needs a complete overhaul - it just needs an infusion of common sense search functions and layout corrects.  But, nope.

They have that nice early Avengers page with Baron Zemo. I'm surprised they didn't list the page with the info of it being his first appearance. Unless you count #4 of the Avengers with this page being his first "full" appearance like the whole Wolverine thing with #180-#181. 

Hard to believe that a company like that, one of the leaders in the hobby, doesn't want to kick in a few bucks and have their website join the 21st century.  You're right- it is frustrating to navigate and frankly, it is embarrassing.

I had no luck searching via artist name. Funny that a lot of you here share the same sentiment I have about ComicConnect--not a place to go to for OA, frustrating to navigate. I thought it was just me being a noob afraid to get out of his comfort zone. I tried looking for stuff the other week and I couldn't find anything that wasn't in Jon Berk's collection.