• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 PROBLEMS with Ebay Feedback I had

7 posts in this topic

It's been a strange week on Ebay for me.  This week it started with a buyer leaving feedback on my account that he ment for another seller.  

I tried to fix it with the buyer (He admitted the error) and after a good argument/chat with Ebay they removed it.  Ebay removed it only because he admitted it was for another seller. (I believe it was an honest mistake)

Then I had a Buyer buy Civil War #1 CGC 9.8 around 2pm. (Paid in full).   An hour later  I get an email from the buyer saying he was hacked!  He did not buy this!  etc..etc..etc.  I quickly issue a refund and figure the sale

is over.  NOPE The buyer takes the time to write a neutral against me.  In the feedback he says something about BEING hacked but I gave a refund.  (OH JOY!) Just what I need.  Back on the phone to Ebay!

After a brief argument (They don't want to remove feedback or change it)  I argue that the BUYER said he was hacked and never bought the book.  He was given a full refund quickly due to his hack claim.   I argue that he can't leave feedback for a book he says he did not buy.  (Put on hold for a few min's) Ebay says OK we will remove it.  

It's been a weird week on Ebay!  

E

eBay is so one sided for the buyer these days...if it continues to get any worse i can see eBay's days might be numbered

as sellers might grow tired of all the hassles

i have already noticed a sharp decline in the comic selection being offered , at least in the series i am actively collecting.

What's funny is, I respect the buyer for being the kind of person who wants to leave feedback for everything.  The thing is, I don't see how by any definition your actions were "neutral".  You actually helped him out of a sticky situation... or at least made it go away faster.  And you didn't argue with him, etc.  You'd think your attitude alone would have netted positve feedback (Not that's why you did it, I know... but still). 

Frustrating though they were, I'm glad at least that both stories had positive outcomes for you.

On 6/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, elektra101 said:

It's been a strange week on Ebay for me.  This week it started with a buyer leaving feedback on my account that he ment for another seller.  

I tried to fix it with the buyer (He admitted the error) and after a good argument/chat with Ebay they removed it.  Ebay removed it only because he admitted it was for another seller. (I believe it was an honest mistake)

Then I had a Buyer buy Civil War #1 CGC 9.8 around 2pm. (Paid in full).   An hour later  I get an email from the buyer saying he was hacked!  He did not buy this!  etc..etc..etc.  I quickly issue a refund and figure the sale

is over.  NOPE The buyer takes the time to write a neutral against me.  In the feedback he says something about BEING hacked but I gave a refund.  (OH JOY!) Just what I need.  Back on the phone to Ebay!

After a brief argument (They don't want to remove feedback or change it)  I argue that the BUYER said he was hacked and never bought the book.  He was given a full refund quickly due to his hack claim.   I argue that he can't leave feedback for a book he says he did not buy.  (Put on hold for a few min's) Ebay says OK we will remove it.  

It's been a weird week on Ebay!  

E

Pls put buyer on ebay block list I want to block this guy pls