• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone collect printed store bags?

14 posts in this topic

Friday question...

When I was growing up, most of the local comic stores had printed bags with their logo and some kind of art on them.  I've always preferred craft paper bags, but I still turn up an old plastic bag that reminds me of the old days.  Diamond gives printed bags away as promo sometimes.  Does anyone keep these?  I wonder if anyone thinks I'm a savage for using a 25 year old bag to collect cat poop.

48 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You grew up in Queens?   Was that the small store by the movies or the bigger one closer to Parsons?

The only one that I remember was his store on 149th Street and Northern Blvd.

59 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You grew up in Queens?   Was that the small store by the movies or the bigger one closer to Parsons?

Yes I grew up in Queens.  I lived on 173rd St, right off of Jamaica Ave.  Went to PS 95, IS 74 and Brooklyn Tech H.S.  Left in 81, when dad decided to throw me out of the house.

The first 2 bags were from the store next to the UA Quartet theater.  I believe the 3rd bag was from his store near Parsons Blvd.

1 hour ago, mr_highgrade said:

The only one that I remember was his store on 149th Street and Northern Blvd.

That came much later. His first store was about a mile west,and  Very small. Maybe 10x20, with no new books. Just back issues and some baseball cards.

His father in law owned most of the block.

They sure hearken back to the old days don't they?   Just looking at those bags takes me way back.   Don't think I would collect them but I'd love to see more of them on this thread.   

Edited by Bronty

On 6/16/2017 at 5:43 PM, FineCollector said:

Friday question...

When I was growing up, most of the local comic stores had printed bags with their logo and some kind of art on them.  I've always preferred craft paper bags, but I still turn up an old plastic bag that reminds me of the old days.  Diamond gives printed bags away as promo sometimes.  Does anyone keep these?  I wonder if anyone thinks I'm a savage for using a 25 year old bag to collect cat poop.

My wife made me quilt out of mine.  It's kind of crinkly, and I sweat a lot when I use it.

11 hours ago, lizards2 said:

My wife made me quilt out of mine.  It's kind of crinkly, and I sweat a lot when I use it.

TAKE THE COMICS OUT OF THE BAGS!