• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: Jack Kirby original art: Fantastic Four 20, page 28

16 posts in this topic

Keeping it moving along. Here's another piece I am offering up for sale. The MASTER, Jack Kirby, on his best title, Fantastic Four.

Fantastic Four 20, page 28 (final page of the story): This page features the Molecule Man being absorbed into a ball off flame while the Watcher and the FF look on. Great page features images of the entire Fantastic Four. A rare opportunity to own an early page of Kirby Fantastic Four art! And as a bonus, this one is signed by Jack Kirby!!

Price: $3,000

ff20p28.jpg

So, with these great pieces being sold, the grail must be spectacular!

What is it?

I don't want to say until I have it in hand, but I will definitely share when I get it. I may also be working on a piece up for sale in the Heritage Auctions today.

I figured that's why you didn't say what it was already. I'd play it close to the vest until it was in hand too! thumbsup2.gif

I learned a valuable lesson years ago. I was getting a piece and had sent money to the seller. Someone found out about it, contacted him, and offered a higher amount. He reneged on my sale and sold it to the other person. Needless to say, it was incredibly disappointing. The piece has not come up for sale since (that was 14 years ago), so it's not like I would have another shot at it. That's the thing with Original Art. It is unique. Once a page is sold, it is sold, and if it's to a collector, you may not have another chance to buy it for 20 years. Or more.

So now I don't disclose what I want to buy until I have it in hand.

What happened to the costume details in two of the last three panels?

Jim

Read the book... poke2.gif

They were covered in plaster/clay to fool Molecule Man.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Christo_pull_hair.gif Accursed spending freeze! Christo_pull_hair.gif

C'mon Scott, just tell her to cut back on the flowers. And her side of the family doesn't actually want to eat at the reception, do they???

foreheadslap.gifflowerred.gif

I tried to float the "sack lunch" plan, but it was a non-starter. confused-smiley-013.gif Women. Sometimes they just don't understand. frown.gif

C'mon Scott, just tell her to cut back on the flowers. And her side of the family doesn't actually want to eat at the reception, do they???

I tried to float the "sack lunch" plan, but it was a non-starter. confused-smiley-013.gif Women. Sometimes they just don't understand. frown.gif

Just do what we all do. Lie to 'er. thumbsup2.gif

stooges.gif

Just do what we all do. Lie to 'er. thumbsup2.gif

stooges.gif

Uh-huh devil.gifangel.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I wuz havin' coffee with da boys . . . wink.gif