• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Amazing Spider-Man #2

6 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Payal Yusaf said:

CGC would probably grade this a 3.5 - 4.0. I'm not a restoration expert but it looks to me like the top is trimmed. 

I concur. The spine is ragged but the top edge is razor sharp, makes no sense. In fact, I think all three edges may be trimmed. Look at how bright the pages are on the right edge, especially visible on the BC scan. The edges of that paper should be dark.

I would not buy this book.

Edited by Bomber-Bob

18 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I concur. The spine is ragged but the top edge is razor sharp, makes no sense. In fact, I think all three edges may be trimmed. Look at how bright the pages are on the right edge, especially visible on the BC scan. The edges of that paper should be dark.

I would not buy this book.

Excellent advice on this ASM #2

Thanks guys. I got to see it in person... and I'm still confused. It looks like it hasn't been trimmed, but those edges...
I told the seller if he had it slabbed, I'd buy it. Just can't take the risk otherwise. I'm not a fan of trimmed books. 

On 6/30/2017 at 3:35 PM, Payal Yusaf said:

CGC would probably grade this a 3.5 - 4.0. I'm not a restoration expert but it looks to me like the top is trimmed. 

I'm not sure the top was trimmed. It appears to have the red distributor stripe on top. The right end and bottom, however....

Edited by PhilipB2k17