• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Readcomix' Copper Sale; Price Cuts! Closing Soon! ASM #361 Added; some keys, some HTF, even a couple late bronze

69 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Most of the books offered here are parts of a small collection I recently bought. This guy seemed to be a casual collector/reader for a few years and most books look to have been read a couple times and put away. But one of his two long boxes was only about 80-85% full, so a few of these books have a slight curve to the lower left (Spine-side) quadrant from slumping. In some cases, it has added spine tweaks, some color-breaking some not. As a result, a few otherwise newsstand NM books are now probably VF or F/VF. I'll describe with each; if you want an extra pic, just ask. 

More than 30 lots planned/photographed to post over the next couple/few days. Most are affordable offerings, so it should be a pile-friendly thread.

Background: I'm a long-time collector, not a dealer, starting at age 5 in the early '70's with a 20-cents-a-day habit. My eBay feedback is all as a buyer (same name); never sold there and no plans to. I do have a small kudos thread here, having made a handful of purchases from and sales to fellow boardies. I'll attempt to follow what I believe are commonly accepted best practices, based on my reading here and in the rules posting. If I miss something, gentle polite nudges are welcome. Or just kick me in the head. Whatever. Let's have fun with comics!

Rules: :rulez: 

Let's do actual shipping, which will be cheapest USPS that includes tracking, usually first class up to 13 oz, which means 8-10 books bagged and boarded likely runs about $8 U.S. Or $16 to Canada; up to 2 lbs (1 oz. over 2 lbs jumps Canadian shipping by $10 USD!) No international, sorry. Cutting my teeth. I'm using those newfangled flip and ship comic mailers, and have gotten good feedback on them. Bigger piles will probably need a cardboard sandwich inside a medium Priority Flat Rate box, I'm guessing.

No HOS, probies, or treacherous villains, please.

PM's welcome of course, but :takeit: in the thread trumps all, time stamp rules.

Payment is Money Order or check.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within 3 days of receipt and pay return shipping. Unless of course return is due to my error/something I missed?

Edited by Readcomix
Price cuts

OK, let's recap what's still available:

Batman The Man Who Laughs FVF $10

Gore Shriek annual 1 FVF $10

Gore Shriek Vol 2 #1 VF $10

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash #5 FN $8

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash tpb NM $60

Archie's Love Showdown Special #1 VF poster intact $10

Archie's Love Showdown Special #1 FN- no poster $4

Amazinf Spider-Man #301 FN SOLD

The Crow Wild Justice #1 NM $5

Showcase '96 #3 NM SOLD

Thor #337 FN SOLD

Comico Primer #5 VGF $50

Batman 399 4th print VF $5

Blip #3 FN+ $4

Blip #2 VGF $4

Tales of the TMNT #1 VF SOLD

Bizarre Adventures #34 VFNM $5

Detective #554 NM $10

freebie X-Men #248 2nd print CLAIMED

Superman 75 set VF SOLD

Watchmen #1 2nd print variant cover NM $5 (two available, each with a freebie)

X-Men #4 (2 copies), 5 NM trio for $20

X-Men 282, 283 VF $5 for pair

X-Force 2,11,15 NM set SOLD

New Mutants 100 NM $10

Spawn 1-10 (2 copies of 4 and 7) - $40 set

Marvel Age 90,91,105 $5 set

Silver Sable 1,2 $2 set

Angel Love Special #1 VF $3

Harvey Classics Wendy #1 FN $4

Harvey Classics Richie Rich #1 VF $5

Speeding Bullets $5

Next Men #1 $2

2001: A Space Odyssey 1-3 VF set $8

Marvel Spotlight (Capt Marvel) 1-4 $7 set

Man-Thing 2nd series 1-3 $7 set

Edited by Readcomix

Showcase '96 #3 -- Lois Lane/Black Canary team-up; some say first Birds of Prey. For sure its a Birds of Prey precursor akin to Sub-Mariner 34 (Defenders) at the very least. But it's probably as 1st Birds of Prey as Brave and the Bold 54 is first Teen Titans. Cool book, not the most common for its era. NM $20

image.jpeg

Ok, I will probably add a few more tomorrow a.m. And tomorrow evening both. Plenty still to come, wide variety: Blip, TMNT, X-Men, Alpha Flight, Bizarre Adventures, Marvel Age, Silver Sable, 1st Carnage books, Spawn, Richie Rich, Wendy, Angel Love, 2001, Man-Thing, X-Force, Watchmen...first appearances, coming out parties, deaths, intact posters, Elseworlds, second printings....Lots more to come; thanks for looking!